New Member Says Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Says Hello

I have a lot of free time at work and I usually spend it looking for E30 stuff. And that's how I found you guys. I've been a member of Unofficial BMW for a while and decided to join here too--you have some great stuff in your forums, some that I haven't come across before anywhere else.

I thought I'd say hello and post a few pictures of my E30. She's got about 140,100 miles and some problems, but she's got lots of charisma. It was my dad's car for seven years before I bought it from him a few months ago. There's some stuff that needs sorting out before she really looks good--new top, new dash, new trim, new steering wheel, new steering rack...blah blah blah. But I've found sick fun in tracking down replacement parts on eBay and BavAuto, so I guess I got the right car. And I don't have to tell you how much fun she is to drive--in some ways she's more fun than my MR2 Spyder was. Here's some pics:

1988 325ic Automatic

tragically an auto but looks clean man. paint looks nearly perfect
    HDE30 <3

Comment

Welcome! Looks good. Did you add the euro grill or was that something your father knew about?

Comment

Sadly it is missing a pedal.

What wheels you got there?

Welcome to r3v. Use the search feature, and have a thick skin, noobie.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Avus E30
          tragically an auto but looks clean man. paint looks nearly perfect
          Yeah, it's an auto, but I've been driving stick for the last four years and it's nice to take a break for a while. I'd like a manual, but you can't have everything.

And thanks for the comment about the paint. The paint is actually in just-okay shape--$200 worth of P21S detailing waxes and polishes makes up for the rest...and hours of elbow grease.

The euro grille and the wheels came with the car when my dad bought it in '97. He bought it from the only BMW dealership in Salt Lake City with about 76,000 miles on it. The previous owner took good car of the mechanicals and to a lesser extent the paint, but neglected everything else. The interior was completely reupholstered with a very nice black vinyl that's guranteed not to crack--I'll post pictures once I get a new dash and steering wheel in.

The wheels are called AFX--some California company. I'm actually going to use them as winter wheels and get a new set of bottlecaps or basketweaves. I'm going to try and keep my car as stock as possible, simply because I don't have the money to do much else. I'd love to put a Racing Dynamics kit on there and some Alpina wheels for a real German tuner look, but in addition to going to school I'm also paying off some debt, so it's unrealistic at best. But you can dream...

Thanks for the comments guys! And you have kick-ass smileys! :woowoo:
          1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

if you dont have alot of money i assume youre going to be getting a used non cracked dash(good luck btw)
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
              if you dont have alot of money i assume youre going to be getting a used non cracked dash(good luck btw)
              Yep. I don't like those covers, and I've read they crack just as bad too. Do you have a good deal on a non-cracked dash? :p
              1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

paint doesnt look bad at all, good clean DD.

Just dont ruin it!

Kyle
                1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                DILLIGAF

Comment

Looks good, keep it clean man.

Comment

Paint looks great. Rims look tiny.

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
                    R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
                    "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
                    My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

Not bad! I like those wheels, albiet they are a little small.

Welcome to R3V, glad to have you. Like Dave said, try to use the search function, it will save you a lot of hassle.

Comment

She's a beauty, very nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X