1989 325i gets awakened with an S52 by OMG motorworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, wanted to share the latest update on my E30...

I purchased the car off R3V member E30STU earlier this year. Stu traveled all the way to Maine to find her, rust free and begging to be brought back to life. Here is his thread on the mini-restoration he did while he owned the car. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341350

Here she sits in Maine when Stu trekked hours to pick her up

Here she is the week I picked her up. Had to remove the IS lip to get her in the garage I was renting at the time but that's going back on this week.

One night I was browsing CL for some sport seats and came across an incredible deal on a low mileage (69k!) S52 setup that I just couldn't pass up.

With some recommendations from people on R3V, I was led to the good people at OMG Motor Works in Long Island to do the swap.

So glad I went with these guys! Denis and team are thorough, responsive and most importantly honest. Can't say enough good things about these guys, I'll let the build photos speak for themselves...

M20 with 162k getting pulled and going to a new home

Can't get over how clean this car is for its age

New OEM clutch and lightened flywheel

In she goes

Custom exhaust, magnaflow resonator and vibrant muffler

Living in NYC retaining AC is a must, ice cold!

Head over to OMG's Facebook for the full documentation https://www.facebook.com/OMGmotorworks

✌🏽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ambdxtrous; 10-01-2015, 11:24 AM.

Great job! I have been pointed in OMG direction for the build up of my M3. It's heading that way in a few days.
    sigpic

Comment

How much does it cost for a shop to do a swap like this? Time?
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
        Great job! I have been pointed in OMG direction for the build up of my M3. It's heading that way in a few days.

Do it! You won't be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
          How much does it cost for a shop to do a swap like this? Time?

OMG's cost is $2500 to remove your current motor and put in the new one. There's a lot of extra bits that go on after that depending on what you're swapping in and what you want to do.

Edit: it took about 3-4 weeks because I was in no rush and was away on vacation when we needed to decide on some key parts. If you have all of the parts sourced and ready to go I don't imagine it taking nearly that long.

Comment

Working...
          X