Hey, r3v. I got my first E30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, r3v. I got my first E30.

Hey r3v. Been following the FB page for a while now and finally made an account here upon bringing home an e30.
    Last Wednesday I purchased an '87 325is from the original owner with 275k miles on it. It had been well maintained - not meticulously, but everything was kept functional. My father and trailered it home (just to make sure it got there), and we had it ready to drive the next day. That weekend I drove it 400 miles to and from Cary, NC, and I've been driving it as my daily since. I won't say the journey was worry-free, but as I've come to know and work with the quirks that the car has developed from use and age, I've come to love it. This car feels great to drive, and I get much more out of it than the e36 M3 I had before. It's slower and smaller and it suits me much better, really.

Apologies for the poor quality pics. I'm not a photographer yet.
    The goodies:

The night/day after bringing it home

After the trip to NC

M-tech steering wheel (and it has the M-sport suspension package ;D)

And the shift boot was awfully torn up so I replaced it with a section of the leg of a pair of corduroy pants that had seen a few too many mosh pits.
    I'm rather proud of this despite the hurried and unplanned execution.

This is my e30 now, and I'm happy to have it. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again. :)

-T

Take care of it, welcome!

Comment

Nice color! Did that front plate come on the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos View Post
        Nice color! Did that front plate come on the car?
        Thank you! Yes it did.
        It says "adea shop, 1990, Pensacola, FL" which I've found was an advertising/design company, but beyond that I don't know anything about it.

Comment

Original owner! That's awesome! I didn't know people still wear corduroy. Looks pretty good as a shift boot though!
          Support my E30 addiction! Buy my Wideband/Voltmeter Check Panels
          HERE

1990 Flachalpinweiß 335i

Comment

Working...
          X