No announcement yet.

Finally bought an e30! 1989 325i Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't take any pictures of the driver and passenger side floor pans after I patched the rust but I ended up cutting out the bad rusted metal and had new metal welded in. I then sealed it with caulk and put por15 over it to seal everything.

Today I decided to start on the battery tray rust. I didn't have any por15 left so I used bed liner. I still need to do some cutting then I'll put some new metal down.

I also did a valve adjustment yesterday. I was surprised how clean everything looked inside there for 150k!

Comment

I made a video of the valve tick before and after. You can really hear a difference, but it still ticks a little bit. I also threw some new spark plugs in while I was there. The car still has a slight misfire at idle for some reason and seems to be running rich. I will probably be taking it in to the shop to get the guibo and shifter bushings put in. Maybe they can pin point the misfire.

Still a little ticky but not nearly as bad. I also put in new spark plugs while I was in there. There is a small misfire at idle that I need to figure out as...

Comment

Working...
      X