Just Picked Up Second e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Picked Up Second e30

I just purchased an 88 coupe in Northern Cali for $500.00. Seats are destroyed and from what I just found out has a salvage title (p.o failed to tell me) but its not big deal. The car is aesthetically rough but pretty straight, runs but is missing the exhaust however it does come with 2 (1 old and 1 new) with headers. Interior bits are good with the exception of the seats, dash is in ok condition other than the idiot that tried open the glove box with a screw driver. May part out since I found out its salvage...
    Either way, I feel its a solid investment since do my own mechanical work and paint will be done by a friend for supplies only.
    Here is the history from the PO.
    Daily driver until October. Exhaust was crap so the intention of replacing with headers and a new cat and cat back but was never finished and he moved to SoCal. Car was purchased on a Lien sale from a towing service but prior to that the car had service done. Had the LSD 410 service done as well as the steering rack replaced. The car was never smoged so the paper work is half completed but all fees are paid.
    Feed back is appreciated but please do crapping on my post.

I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
    1989 325i Alpine White

Body looks damn straight.
    Like, your bumper shrouds line up perfect (no sun warpage) and valance looks like an arrow.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

500 for a late model is a steal. Its more straight than my 89 325I I just bought for 1 grand.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

If you have a buddy that can do paint and the salvage title doesn't make it too hard to register I think you found a good project. Treat it like a blank canvas.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Thanks guys... My mind is more at ease as my buyers remorse was kicking in. This is my second e30 I've saved from being sold in parts (I really wouldn't part) as my 89 daily was being sold for parts and I bought the whole for only 600.00 with a broken rocker arm. Again I appreciate your words of encouragement.

1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Swap to plastic bumpers and paint that car up! A few dings, but overall looks pretty solid on the outside.

Pull those seats and get a used set, I think for about $3k you should have a decent driver there.

Good save.

Comment

kewl!
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
                Thanks guys... My mind is more at ease as my buyers remorse was kicking in. This is my second e30 I've saved from being sold in parts (I really wouldn't part) as my 89 daily was being sold for parts and I bought the whole for only 600.00 with a broken rocker arm. Again I appreciate your words of encouragement.
                For $500?

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                  For $500?
                  Yes even at 500.00 and only because parting out was not an option but came to my mind once i found the title was salvage, I dont have the will or space to do so. But i cant lose because im motivated now to get this baby back on the road.

1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Working...
                  X