Out with the old in with the older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out with the old in with the older

Last year I got a smokin deal on a 90 525i just to use as our primary vehicle and thats when I discovered how awsome old bmws are and how big the community is around them. The first bimmer I accually saw when doing research after I bought it was kamotors amazing turbod e30 on /drive on youtube and I was instantly inspired and wished my car was an e30 and not my huge e34. Well a few weeks ago an idiot ran a stop sign at over 50mph and I tboned him going about 45mph and totalled my car. :(

Luckily everyone was okay...
    After seaching for another vehicle to commute in, thinking of maybe giving up on another bmw, I found this little beauty and picked it up yesterday! :D

Now I'm inspired again and excited to start to enjoy this car and possibly a long ways down the road rebuilding the engine and puting a turbo in it! For now i'm very happy wth it and its so fun to drive. Even though its the e model and my last was the i I think just cause its so much lighter, it feels way faster and it has alot less body roll so its alot more fun to drive! Couldnt be happier that I totalled my car haha..
    Last edited by K-Bar; 03-23-2016, 07:33 PM.
    sigpic
    86 eta (daily)
    89 325i (project)
    87 eta (parts)
    88 cab (sisters daily)

Just saw kam's post of his family's loss and having to part out his car... I just had a beautiful baby girl, maybe I should be happy i'm alive from that accident and enjoy this car and maintain it as low budget as possible and enjoy my family above all else. Keep things in perpective.
    sigpic
    86 eta (daily)
    89 325i (project)
    87 eta (parts)
    88 cab (sisters daily)

Comment

Sweet pick up! I have to ask, how hard is it to find rust free older BMW's in Hawaii? Or do they tend to be pretty nice examples.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by kirieiw View Post
        i have to ask, how hard is it to find rust free older bmw's in hawaii? Or do they tend to be pretty nice examples.
        +1
        1986 325e Pearl White on Grey Houndstooth 24x,xxx miles M30b35 Swapped
        2002 525i Jet Black on Sand Beige 13x,xxx miles
        "This 2.5 liter inline six cylinder is smoother than my silk Versace underwear." -Vehicle Virgins

Comment

This ones not rust free.. it has had some small patch work done already so i dont know the full extent, theres a small hole uner the trunk and the battery box is pretty rusty and some rust coming through the patches :/ but if you stay away from the ocean (this one wasnt it was litterally 1000 feet away from the beach) and dont let vehichles sit (this one sat for 10 months) or stay dirty they stay fairly well maintained. more so than colorado where i'm from originally because of all the salt on the roads. Along this line what would be the best way to deal with the rust on it? I dont have a welder and I dont want to just start grinding crap off and put a whole can of bondo on top of fiberglass...? besides the couple rust spots its in great shape. the interior is flawless
          sigpic
          86 eta (daily)
          89 325i (project)
          87 eta (parts)
          88 cab (sisters daily)

Comment

Working...
          X