Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not an E30, but it has the magic feel of one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an E30, but it has the magic feel of one.

I have been looking for a car to replace the sheer joy of my turbo m42 318is for about 10 years. Nothing I tried got there, until this last attempt. I haven't been back here for a while, but I wanted to stop back by and say this is the car if you want something new and don't want to give up any love for the e30s basic nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The E30 is a front engine rear wheel drive sports sedan. A Golf is a front engine front wheel drive hot hatch.

Not saying the Golf isn't fun, though that and them both being German cars is about where the similarities end.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Sweet ride.

I recently had a chance to drive mk6 GTI with remapped ECU.

Really quick(still that R would be much faster and capable thanks to more power & AWD) and fantastic car but it felt little big and boring - probably because it was too quiet and easy to drive.
      sigpic

Comment

I've had 11 e30's. Other than the Porsche 951 this is the closest in enjoyment. And it's awd, not fwd in this case. And the driving feel is very close to my old 318is IMHO.

Comment

Put on a rear sway bar to reduce some of the understeer

Its a awd haldex system so it runs fwd until slippage occurs and puts 50% max power to rear wheels. It's a very good handler but still plows.

Get a jb1 if you don't want warranty issues.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorsc View Post
            I've had 11 e30's. Other than the Porsche 951 this is the closest in enjoyment. And it's awd, not fwd in this case. And the driving feel is very close to my old 318is IMHO.

or you know.. a turbo miata :D
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
            X