ILC's E30 s50-swap track car thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILC's E30 s50-swap track car thread

Hello people, just bought my first E30 this past weekend. It is a 1991 318is with 162k on the chassis, gutted and is pure track car with an S50 motor, I/H/E, J-stock suspension, 3.46 LSD, e36 M3 transmission, reinforced front/rear subframes, Massive E30 Rallye BBK, and much more. This car is dialed in and incredibly fun to drive. I have wanted an E30 for a very long time, and this was like fate because I also needed a dedicated track car so this is killing 2 birds with one stone, for sure.

I purchased the car from a local Road America instructor who has tracked it for many years. The paint is in fantastic shape overall, all original body panels except for the fiberglass hood, and almost rust-free. Very clean example. Even came with a set of Kosei K1 15" racing wheels and relatively new Hoosiers with only 2 track days in on Road America.

I am happy to be retiring my 135i from track duty and be able to use it as a nice summer cruising car like it should be.

There isn't really anything to do to this car other than that I bought a set of Apex Arc-8 in hyper silver for it which will be getting mounted next week on Thursday :D

I will be returning to this thread to add some more photos with the new Apex wheels on.

Current:
    2011 E92 M3
    2003 E46 Touring

Past:
    (1991 318is S50-swapped track rat)
    (2011 135i)
    (2008 135i)
    sigpic

Need more pics. I have almost identical E30 also with S50 and it is also red, but mine is race car already. I love it a lot. I am pretty sure you will be adding more track goodies on yours too.

Good luck tracking it.
    1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
    1990 e30 325is
    1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

nice! looks super clean! and that 135i must be a blast
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
      X