Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Improved (Patience, server is slow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Improved (Patience, server is slow)

Thanks for the splitter Ryan :up:
    Last edited by boom-monkey; 08-15-2017, 05:49 PM.

Splitter sticks out too far for my tastes. Great pics. Whats with the wheels, I thought you had Kopis

Looking good.

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Beautiful car. Geez I really miss Florida.

Comment

pull that splitter back and plop those alpina's back on and it will be BEAUTIFUL.

btw, are u riding on ground controls?
        98 M3/4/5

Comment

I just waited for the last couple of pics to load and I have to say, painting the brake inlets black looks HOTTT!

Aaron
          2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Just did the brake ducts today, just an idea I had that I hadn't seen before. Looks better than expected.

These are the wheels off my old car, put them on for auto-x, but decided to keep them on because I don't have to worry about pulling the fenders like with my 215's. I think I'm gonna keep these on until I roll/flare my fenders, just makes life easier, and my fenders will thank me for it.

And no, it's not GC, it's the Spax 2.5/1.5 kit with the spring pads taken out in the rear.

As for the splitter, right now it's staying right where it is, just cause I look the "picnic table off the front of the car" look.

Comment

The black air ducts do luck good. Nice idea. Mind if i steal it. ha
              90 325is
              IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

wow, you ran even more splitter than Stu!!
                Pull it in a bit, I think you are on the verge of having it rip off...
                car looks good man, but will look sick with the Alpina's back on...

painting the ducts is a nice trick too!
                '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
                '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
                sigpic

Comment

I was inspired by a LTW e36 M3 I saw at the last auto-x, so for now the splitter is good. I don't run the lip on the car all the time anyways just because it's so low.

Comment

I didn't notice the black brake ducts - those look awesome.
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

I agree that the splitter would be pulled back some, but if you like it the way it is then that's all that matters. You still have a sick looking car.
                      Please roll your fenders A.S.A.P! The car looks so much better with the Alpina's
                      Also, have you considered painting you rocker panels/bottom have of the rear valence body color ? - is there some red over-spray on the driver's side lower part of the rear valence? I vote that you either go red all around with just a few touches of black (like the brake ducts - nice job!), or paint the front lip black and touch up the all the other black parts. It always looks pretty sweet, but it would all flow better if the complete lower part of the car matched up color wise.

Comment

Splitter needs to come in some.

I dig the brake ducts

Gold basketweaves really dont look nice on your car

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Side skirts are on the list of things to do, I just haven't found a set I like that are readily available, and when I find them then the rear valance will be sprayed all red.

The Kopis will be back on when I get ahold of a fender roller, for now these wheels are fine.

As for the splitter, I'm making it adjustable, not so much for function, as for how I feel like I want it on a certain day.

Thanks for the compliments.

PS: Don't steal my duct idea :evil: (Although I fear it is inevitable)

Comment

Looks good man....

Do you find a large difference in handling & feel between those track wheels & your 17" Kopis? I have 2 sets of 17's at home but I've been real gun-shy about putting them on since I fear I'll dislike the way the car drives.

Comment

Yes, actually I did. I like the way it drives a lot more with the weaves, just cause it feels more responsive and tossable. But the 17's actually make it feel more planted in a high speed turn, like encountered at a track event. So it's really a toss-up between resposiveness and stability. As far as acceleration is concerned though you can tell how heavy the Kopi's really are, not only can you feel it, but at the dragstrip I dropped .5 sec just by swapping wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X