My first project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first project car

Hey everyone. I'm making a thread to introduce myself as well as post about my first project car. I'll be picking up my 1986 325e middle of July 2016. It'll be my first project car. Hopefully I'll be able to complete a nice build thread on here, and conform to the age old broke college student project car build. I have a student engineering background, and not much time or money, so this should be an interesting build! Picture included!

IMG_20160626_141956 by ortiga Waco, on Flickr

Update 1

Alright time for update 1. So the good and the bad news...

The bad: the day I was supposed to put up my red e30 the kid backed out of the deal and decided he didn't want to sell it.
    The good: I found another e30 in New Orleans and immedietly brought home Charlie. (photos below)

Doesn't run yet, plenty of bad hoses and way overdue maintenance items. I've started cleaning her up, and have ordered a few parts. When I got it cylinder #6 shot out fuel around the hose at the top of the injector. The hose on top of that injector (its a 325e) has been replaced, and new fuel injectors are here. I'm working on cleaning her and removing the intake manifold to get to the fuel injectors.

On the road home
    IMG_20160719_160241 by ortiga Waco, on Flickr
    IMG_20160719_160220 by ortiga Waco, on Flickr

she needs a little cleaning
    IMG_20160722_104853 by ortiga Waco, on Flickr

In between a friend's e30 and my e90.
    IMG_20160728_190912 by ortiga Waco, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
    X