1991 318is Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by E Coded
    Thanks!

    The JL Audio CL-RLC was the missing link. I decided to do a very similar setup--all parts are on order! Where did you end up mounting the volume knob?
    We ended up mounting the knob in the front ashtray. It did required a slight modification to fit/feed the RJ12 connector out of the tray. But once the knob was in, it was completely out of sight.

    Leave a comment:


  • E Coded
    replied
    Originally posted by overheating
    I ended up using the following components:
    1 x iSimple Dashboard Mounting Kit JamLink
    1 x JL Audio CL-RLC (In lieu of head unit)
    1 x JL Audio xd700 Amp
    1 x JL Audio 8W3V3-4 8"
    4 x Jl Audio C2-525x 5.25"
    1 x Custom stealth Luke Box courtesy of German Audio Specialties
    Thanks!

    The JL Audio CL-RLC was the missing link. I decided to do a very similar setup--all parts are on order! Where did you end up mounting the volume knob?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mushroom Stew
    replied
    I just picked up a 91 318 as well, and I think you need to do a 24v swap as a helpful tutorial for me! Although I have to admit the m42 is actually a pretty solid motor!

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex19950807
    Hey, anything happened? Long time didn't see your updates, so i have some questions about repaint the wheels, i posted on the forum, if you have time, please look it up and help me with those questions, thank you, link is down below
    We ended up using 2 Packs of Duplicolor HSK100 Hyper Sliver Wheel Coating on the 15" Euro weaves. We used simple Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner and a 3M Heavy Duty Scouring Pads to pre-clean/prep the wheels. I used a variable speed Dremel with a 120 grit Flapwheel on wheel lip damage. Then 240 and 400 wet & dry sand paper to smooth everything out prior to paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by E Coded
    Can you tell me a little more about your stealth stereo install? Are you just running the iSimple Jamlink directly into your amplifier? I want to run my iPhone in my car, but i don't want to remove the non working stock deck.
    I ended up using the following components:
    1 x iSimple Dashboard Mounting Kit JamLink
    1 x JL Audio CL-RLC (In lieu of head unit)
    1 x JL Audio xd700 Amp
    1 x JL Audio 8W3V3-4 8"
    4 x Jl Audio C2-525x 5.25"
    1 x Custom stealth Luke Box courtesy of German Audio Specialties

    Leave a comment:


  • E Coded
    replied
    Can you tell me a little more about your stealth stereo install? Are you just running the iSimple Jamlink directly into your amplifier? I want to run my iPhone in my car, but i don't want to remove the non working stock deck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alex19950807
    replied
    Hey, anything happened? Long time didn't see your updates, so i have some questions about repaint the wheels, i posted on the forum, if you have time, please look it up and help me with those questions, thank you, link is down below


    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by E Coded
    Wheels turned out great man. They look really good on your car too. I'm glad they went to a good home. Enjoy.

    (vw enthusiast, also e30 enthusiasts).

    Thanks! The R32 and GTI must have thrown me off!

    Leave a comment:


  • Toodaloo
    replied
    Originally posted by overheating
    Thanks; I was checking out your build, nice custom cup holder! Do you have a shot of it painted?



    I do! However you'll have to excuse my dirty interior. Check my build thread :)

    Leave a comment:


  • E Coded
    replied
    Wheels turned out great man. They look really good on your car too. I'm glad they went to a good home. Enjoy.

    (vw enthusiast, also e30 enthusiasts).

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Here's a preview of our next project!

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by Toodaloo
    Subscribed!

    I love seeing that you and your son are taking on this project as a team. I would have loved to have similar father-son bonding with my pops' when I was younger! You two are definitely inspiring me with future goals!
    Thanks; I was checking out your build, nice custom cup holder! Do you have a shot of it painted?

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea
    Really cool thread, and super cool that your son is helping out.
    Thanks! He's definitely learning some automotive skills. In fact, now he just wants to do things himself, without dads instructions!

    Leave a comment:


  • overheating
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex19950807
    Wow nice car, same color with my e30, couple question to ask you
    1: the analog clock, is that have to need adapter to swap with the digital one?
    2: where did you purchase those rims and how much are they?
    3: hows the H&R and bilstein combo feels
    1. No, it can be wired as long as you have the analogue clock connector. However, I would suggest grabbing an adaptor as there isn't a ton of wire room/length.
    2. I purchased the RZ wheels locally. I believe that ECS still sells euro weaves new, which is the same offset & size.
    3. In town driving, the race set-up doesn't feel a whole lot different than the previous H&R sport set up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Toodaloo
    replied
    Subscribed!

    I love seeing that you and your son are taking on this project as a team. I would have loved to have similar father-son bonding with my pops' when I was younger! You two are definitely inspiring me with future goals!

    Leave a comment:

Working...