Pure, unadulterated m20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure, unadulterated m20

this thing looked so clean :eeek: i just had to share.
    there is a little missing from the bay... other than the coilpack that will get the tires smokin'
    it might have something to do with the location of the dip-stick :twisted:

repainted engine bays are my sexual fetish. No insulation? You should get that intake mani all pretty. very nice so far though.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

i hope to replace the intake with ... uhh. i'll tell you later.
      its got eta injecors in it atm to get it running first.
      insulation... on a race car?

Comment

those are the cleanest looking stock exhaust manifolds i have ever seen,are they new? why not go for some headers? maby thats part of your master plan, what else is your plan for this car? And again very clean.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

very clean and fresh

Comment

clean. i would like to eat a meal off of that engine bay. And I can attest to dustin's engine bay sexual fetish. dont ask
            Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
            Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

damn, thats amazing. and i never really noticed how small the m20 is.

Comment

you're going to run wastespark? What setup?

Kyle
                1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                DILLIGAF

Comment

budget is the master plan here. i bought a ratted out piece of shit for $200... i would love to get my hands on the PO's. anyway, i spent the last 6 months cleaning every part and building it up. it was an eta and found an i head in the yard. the low compression has a hard on for some boost. when i get things together a little more, i will share again.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
                    you're going to run wastespark? What setup?

Kyle
                    MSnS+EDIS-6

my temporary setup:
                    Attached Files

Comment

dang, looks good. i just dont see much reason in dumping all this high tech stuff/money on an m20. seems like it would work out better and be cheaper in the long run to do s5X and modify from there. But i like the old schoolness of the m20 fosho.

kyle
                      1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

That's a cool setup man. I'm super jealous.

Comment

well, i know this engine might not be in this car for too long, as i would like to drop something more reliable with a better top end (rpm).
                          but this was done out of sheer budget. what you see, i spent no more than a few hundred dollars. the mega squirt is ~200 while the EDIS setup is ~40. the head and intake total was ~80 while the new gaskets the same.
                          i love the fact its got that old school-ness, like you said, but its the easiest to toy with as a budget racer (no, i didnt say budget beater) and learn engine management and tuning on.

any other engine, id still use this management system. i want to see if i could get an m54 running well on MegaSquirt

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle
                            any other engine, id still use this management system. i want to see if i could get an m54 running well on MegaSquirt
                            Just don't use the VANOS, should not be too hard.

Comment

Very clean!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to more pics and completion of the projecto!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X