Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Father Like Son...

Hello :)

I'm a member here for some weeks now, and I must say I cant stop reading the endless threads about ....pretty much everything Great work people :)

I'm from Greece, and I currently own a 4d 325 E30. My old car ( and first one - as I'm 20 y.o. ) was a 320 E30 ( swap from an 316 carburated -i must have killed that last word, lol )

My father owns a 320 E36, my brother a 320 E30, and my mother a 316i E46. Hence the title of this topic, lol.

( I just felt like telling my story, its one of the few places that people will actually say something positive about such a thing :P )

Here are some photos of my old car ( its currently in the surgery room, giving her "heart" to my bro's car and all the other worthy parts to mine )

The swap I did onto this car, even though the motor's and tranny's condition were perfect, gave me problems for like 1 year straight. ( 11 months ). The guy that did it pretty much screwed me up and put faulty parts all over, resulting in me paying for almost every single thing that was related to the engine ( from electrical to anything - except the insides )

And the chassis was a bit not good ( lol - had almost 500K KM and it suffered many crashes before we bought it - I didnt know... ), and I decided I'd have to buy another car, and the only condition to that decision was that the car would be no other than ANOTHER E30. :)

Here we are :

A 4door 325, I for some reason like 4door E30s more than 2door ones, bought for 2600 euros. The body of the car is intact, and the only drawback to the engine is that it needs a head gasket ( well, the drawback is that I have no money left ). Other than that, it runs pretty smooth. The inside of the car is in very good condition, no air or water leaking ( the white E30 I previously owned suffered from every leaking weakness ever known of... You couldnt drive with more than 120Km/hour without going deaf from the noise :pimp: )

And here are some pics of my old E30 side by side with my brother's ( 320 E30 STOCK ) :

I hope you like the pics. The cars arent all that nice and cosmetically as good as most of the cars Ive seen in this forum, but I believe a good running motor is more important than the appearance of the car ( of course, having both is the best, but you need a lot of money for this :p ).

And oddly enough, since I've been visiting r3vlimited, I started to like 2door E30s, probably because most of them are so damn beautiful :drink:

nice cars.

how come no sidemarkers on the black one?

Comment

Sidemarkers? ( excuse me but my knowledge in car terminology in english is pretty much non existent ... )

You mean the flash lights? ( when you take a turn etc? )

P.S. All of the above cars have different engines than when they got out from the factory :P And thats because noone in Greece ever bought 325s, not even 325s cos of the taxes and all that, the price was ridiculously high ( still is for such cars, unfortunately )

I could use some suggestions on how to make the black 325 even "prettier". Ill have the rims dyed black, install the lip from the white 320, and replace the nikel on the doors with some black respective parts. Anything else that could be simple enough as the aforementioned ones and give some extra points to the appearance? ( I was thinking of changing the color to white, i love white on the E30, but thats a rather expensive task and wont do anything for now )

Comment

aww , they look so cute together .. heh welcome to r3v

Comment

Congrats on the buy moronic retard! :blowup: :D
          Well,I had some photos of our cars together,thought it d
          be a good idea to post them up again here...8)

Anyway,looking forward to do a new photoshoot with your new car,as well!
          Especially now that my car doesnt need its aircraft warning lights! :p
          N.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
          It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
          you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
          X