Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me: 1986 325es, a bit of nostalgia

First post!

Been lurking, time to contribute...a bit of nostalgia coming your way...

As many of my friends know, I have a 'hobby' of buying/driving different cars, Italian, German, British, vintage, new etc...never posted any of them on A forum as I never felt any of them were worthy, until now!

The car that served as the catalyst to my automobile obsession is the first 'nice' car I purchased, my much missed E30, a 1987 BMW 325es purchased used back in 1993, ...to this day, it seems all of my cars have been an attempt to get back to that car little 3 series...the es, with the "efficient" eta engine, was the economical 3 series but punched above its weight class with its modest 121 hp when driven right!

I am thrilled to say that I have purchased the one car that I have been missing for so many years...while it is not my old 1987 black on black car, it is close enough... a 1986 bronzitbeige California blue plate 325es 5 speed manual...

If you are not bored to tears yet, I will share one other crazy event...I called BMW USA to see where the car was sold new (Stanford BMW), and the rep mentioned there was an open recall on the car...from the 90's...I called Peter Pan BMW, they put me on a long hold but came back with some surprising news...apologizing for the delay, however they had to confirm they can still get all the parts, which they can and they ordered...my car went to the Dealer and Campaign # 93V-015 was successfully addressed...hats off to BMW customer service, tending to 20 year old recall!

To all of you car guys and girls, I hope you get back to the one car that kicked off your love for automobila...

Took ownership last Friday, took her for a long drive Saturday morning on the same roads that I drove more than 20 years ago...this pic is from her morning drive on highway 84 on our way to the coast at sun up...all you locals know the road!

This is 'Goldie', The name the previous owner gave to her… She will keep the name! —
    Attached Files

Welcome to r3v!
    Nice looking car

Comment

acastell:

Like you, this is my first post.

Also like you, I'm a fan of the 325es. My black '86 (again, like you) sleeps in my Connecticut garage. I enjoy her when the weather permits.

Enjoy Goldie…she looks like a keeper!

Comment

Working...
      X