Goodbye to Holly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Btw I hope you don't feel like we're drilling you. I think we're just concerned since many people have swapped cars and we're hoping this incident will bring out some information that will prevent this from happening again.
    Seriously, who wants to contribute to the post-mortem? This is my biggest fear when tracking my e30. I did a track day today, and was anxious all week because this thread.

Comment

Saw this on jalopnik the other day at work :( . Glad you guys were okay. Was such a beautiful car.

1991 325i m20b25 5spd
      GOES-R Systems Engineer

Comment

Seen lots of e30s taken by the Glen over the years gridding there. Sorry to see you lose such a clean example with so much work put into it. Here's to the next one and making it better than ever.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          That is pretty lucky... 10 more mph, hit at a different angle, who knows...

So that was a rear roll bar / 4-point set-up in there? I'm curious how much better it would have been with a full cage. Would the front bars have helped where the passenger compartment is starting to fail and collapse? Those are pretty unnerving photos.
          Bolt in Cage, Rouge Engineering made 10 e30 specific a few years back.
          sigpic
          1991 318is S52
          1987 325i Vert
          1991 325i
          2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Working...
          X