Roll Bar Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Bar Install

I got a VSR bolt in roll bar. Here are a couple pics of the process. I have more pics but I don't want to bore you. If you want more I can post them. here are the pics.

The prep. I removed the back seat, the rear sound deadning, the rear side panels, and a litte bit of carpet.
    Then came th test fit and where to mark and drill the holes.

Smoe paint.

the install

and the final deal with a pair of Sparc 5 points

///PNW E30 Crew
    Bryce
    '87 325is.....Pro3?....One day!
    '91 318is Daily drive with a bit of attitude

I'm all for function over form, but damn dude - get a new windshield lock strip!

Nice install.

I am getting a 4 point soon, wonder if it will be easier or harder with a 4 door?
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

looks good, so it all just bolted in?

Comment

I like it. How does it help with handeling?
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

That pic was like a mounth and a half ago and it now has a new windshield strip. Yes it is all bolted in there are 2 plates that sandwhich the body and some through bolts. I noticed better turn in with it in the car and when I lift the car up and when I put the jack in one point I can get 3 wheels off the ground.
          ///PNW E30 Crew
          Bryce

Comment

Hey, what kind of wheels are thoes? Looks nice. Where could I find them?

Thanks.
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Nice. That's on my short list.

Kirk Racing is close to my house, so I'll probably let them build one for me. It really depends on the price, though. Was the VSR bar affordable?

Did you weigh it?
              McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

They are SSR comps which are not made any more so the are hard to find, The bare was $575 + shipping and it weighed 65lbs.
                ///PNW E30 Crew
                Bryce

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
                  Hey, what kind of wheels are thoes? Looks nice. Where could I find them?

Thanks.
                  They look like SSRs. Tirerack sells them.

I like how you threw a little JDM in the mix with that Bride seat :)

Although the back seat isn't accesable anymore are you going to put it back in? Will it even fit back in?
                  "We've stumbled along for a while, trying to run a new civilization in old ways, but we've got to start to make this world over." -Thomas Edison, 1912

Comment

Good work. I bet after that you never want to install another roll bar in your entire life.

Atleast now I never want to, that thing is a total PITA to get in there.
                    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                      I'm all for function over form, but damn dude - get a new windshield lock strip!

Nice install.

I am getting a 4 point soon, wonder if it will be easier or harder with a 4 door?
                      i just did mine a few days ago, the "easier" part was drilling the holes for the rear mounts,youre much closer to the wheelwell.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X