No announcement yet.

Never washing it AGAIN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should put some sort of stencil on the car and spray water on it or whatever you spray. Make images out of the corrosion.

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
    R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
    "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
    My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

holy shit, that is sick! euro bumpers would be tits.

Comment

Originally posted by cahomey View Post
        You should put some sort of stencil on the car and spray water on it or whatever you spray. Make images out of the corrosion.
        And those stencils should be ones we send you. Make a tag-mobile E30.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

awesome.

Cheers !

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Badass, i love it. Don't make me wiki patina now.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

totally insane. it's fuckin dope.

Comment

Absolutely mad! In a great way!! Fucking love it, its sick!
                ///M Inside

Comment

did you paintball it or something???? ehh i would have stuck with the copper color but to each their own!
                  e30s r kool

Comment

Thats very dope man....very unique. Switch that shit back to a solid copper and toss some euro bumps on it and watch the praise come in.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the positive comments everyone. Did NOT expect that from r3v.

I think it's been mentioned, but patina is a term describing oxidation of a given metal. Webster's defines it as "a usually green film formed naturally on copper and bronze by long exposure or artificially (as by acids) and often valued aesthetically for its color." But nowadays the HoodRide kids use the term for the combination of worn paint and naturally occurring rust.

Euro bumps are kind of pricey, from what I've seen anyways, and I'm not sure how into them I am. I won't lie though, if I could find a set cheap, I'd probably pick them up. So if anyone has a line on some, let me know.

The finish is actually a paint with finely ground copper in it. When I finished, it looked a lot like a satin-finish version of the coppery-orange color you can get on a lot of newer cars... leaving it that way would have looked a little halfass, but then again that wasn't ever an option in my mind. I didn't buy a commercial patina creating solution because I've done some work with copper before and knew that I could get close with a homebrew solution. Pretty neat too, when it hits the surface, it becomes shiny like a new penny(not for long though). I'm still getting a handle on how this stuff weathers. On its own, it won't go green for a long, long time, but what has gone green does wash away bit by bit, and that bright orangey color has dimmed substantially in the last week. It's moving towards a true copper brown. This weekend I'm redoing the roof, getting it as thick as possible... then I'll patina it, and once I get the deep blues and greens I want, I'll clear it some.

By the end of winter I expect the salt to create some interesting patterns.
                      . . .
                      Erik

Comment

Awesome car, I sell copper and I love it. If you want the patina to go away, the easiest thing to do it take lemon juice and salt with a soft cloth. I do not suggest you do this as the car looks awesome with the patina.

Comment

If anyone wants to do the same type of pauint on their car but keep the copper colour all you have to do is get the car laquer coated after the paint. The laquer will protect the copper from the elements keeping the copper colour without patinaing it.

Problem though would be if you get nicked somewhere it would oxidize quick.

Comment

this car has already made its way to vwvvortex.com under the thread "dope shizz" ..... definently deserves that title!!!

Comment

What size are the wheels/ tires/ spacers ? stance is frickin awesome.

Comment

Incredible. I think it would look best with the original copper color and euro bumpers, but thats me. Great work man.

Comment

Working...
                                X