Jank E30 transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jank E30 transformation

Hello everyone, Today is the day I finally joined Rev! Ive been lurking for about 4 years since i bought and sold my first E30 6 months later. My first E30 was an 88 Seta, Marvelous car! it was sitting low on H&R race springs and Bilstein sports, true dual straight pipes from manifold back and the only thing bad was it was stripped, rebuilt engine and 88k on the clock. Background on my new E30: About 7 months ago i decided it was time to buy another, So i travelled all the way to miami and picked up an 86 eta, 190k on the odo rust and some bad paint. I know my car is no show car by any means but I'm really trying hard to change that. I haven't done much to my car other than cosmetics, mechanically its good I do have a little stutter after a bit of highway driving but it went away mostly when i changed my ignition coil with another used one, i also have changed the cap and rotor as well as plugs. I also changed the ignition switch because leaving walmart mine disintegrated and smoke was bellowing out of the column. long story short when the switch fell apart it shorted a wire going to the seat belt warning relay, luck me. So with little tools and knowledge i did a little research with wiring diagrams and hotwired the car, i still keep that ignition incase i need it again haha. Cosmetically, the car has gone though a couple of iterations, stock, black and white because i just wanted to paint it like a cop car, all semi gloss black, and now with a rat rod esque front end with fender cuts, and now fender mirrors form an old datsun truck. I know purists may not like it but hey... to each his own, and plus they wont be there when i get a new set of fenders and a hood :P Interior wise its stock, houndstooth cards leatherette comfort seats, i am running a test door card i made also have a matching suede wrapped center console to match the door, again temporary until i either flock my new dash black and i flock the center console gray, or until i find new consoles. Ive got a cheap ebay wheel, i also converted my turn signal stalks to e46 ones because the stock ones stuck out further than my wheel, i also have a set of ep3 Civic Si seats I was going to put in but im going a different rout with my build now. I know I'm rambling but hey its my first post here haha..

basically my goal with this car it to put down numbers on par or better than a Hartge H26, it is my dream e30, and would love to build mine into a clone

on with pictures!
    Attached Files
Working...
X