Red 87 325is lookey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red 87 325is lookey

Hey guys, its been quite a while since i posted up.

Here's a little background as to why its been a while. So back in the beginning of 2015 i bought my 1986 325e for what i would consider a steal shipped her over from Cali to ATL. replaced the interior with black carpet, black sport seats, dash cover, H&R race springs with bilstein shocks, exhaust. I was setting her up pretty nicely and with the somewhat more rare of a color i was really enjoying the 250k plus e type, i drove the tires off that car and it never gave me any issues! Take a look:

[IMG]IMG_0227 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_0228 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]

OK so fast forward about a year after i had just gotten everything how i basically wanted it, interior was flawless, car was sitting right i was really enjoying it just did a recent tune up and she was running even better. And then this happened:

[IMG]IMG_0147 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]

A drunk lady decided she wanted to go from a left hand only turning lane and cut accross 3 lanes of traffic to the right on a green light, railing me right in the side. I chased her down with school bus like steering and cut her off took the keys out and waited for the cops. What do you know she was in a brand new 335i.
    Now a lot of you will say it doesnt look that bad, however insurance obviously totaled the car out, i managed to get the car back with a CLEAN title without having to even buy it back, and they also gave me about $4000 for the car.
    I contemplated fixing it, but after i found out how bent the tie rod was which most likely affected the steering rack, buying a new panel, paint, front bumper etc.. i just wasnt going to have the same car, and i am very picky. i figured i already made a profit off insurance and i could sell the car for another $1700, which i did so within a couple of days. So i had about $5000 from a car i had only paid $2800 for plus mods.. i faired out pretty well. I added some personal cash and bought an is300 which was really nice, then recently traded that for a Trailblazer SS.

Come back around to about a month ago. I found a little money in my pocket and there happened to be a solid mechanical 87 325IS in my area. i went to look at it, and bought it the next day. its been maintained, has a MOMO steering wheel and UUC shift kit as well as maintenance replacements not too long ago. ODO stopped at 256k but what do i care these engines are tanks. I wont disclose what i bought it for but i got it for a freaking steal even more of a steal than the E type i had. Compression test was good, leakdown good. Good to go. Take a look when i first got it:

[IMG]IMG_3744 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_3745 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now the paint was a bit rough, but the body is straight, front valence is in tact. 15" baskets somehow the previous owner found. I replaced the Tires with the company i work for (Maxxis Tires) Victra VR-1. Interior only has 2 small rips, and a crack free dash. Even the digital reader works, and the glovebox isnt falling off.

a couple weeks ago i had a professional paint corrector thats a friend of mine come help me out with getting the paint sorted, so take a look at it now:

[IMG]IMG_3887 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_3858 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Now i just need to do a few maintenance things, first being the transmission seal. Then i need to get the H&R race springs back on and the Bilstein sport shocks. The car performs on rails with the new tires, short shift kit and MOMO wheel. I am more than happy with my purchase, and i believe i could sell the car for probably 2k more than what i got it for, but shes mine to keep. Just out of curiosity what would you guys pay for the car in the condition it is in now?

Also, here is the rest of my collection: 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero (all the goodies, too much to list), 2006 Trailblazer SS (will get the goodies)

[IMG]IMG_2783 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_3862 by Carson King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Let me know what you guys think, enjoy!
    Last edited by swifthirty86; 08-24-2017, 09:06 AM. Reason: pictures

Very nice! I was wondering if this one would turn up on here. I remember seeing it, looks way nicer now! Looking forward to seeing the progress you make on it!

Lemme know if you ever head to any Cars and Coffee i'm trying to find more E30 Fanatics in the Atlanta area!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
      Very nice! I was wondering if this one would turn up on here. I remember seeing it, looks way nicer now! Looking forward to seeing the progress you make on it!

Lemme know if you ever head to any Cars and Coffee i'm trying to find more E30 Fanatics in the Atlanta area!
      I usually go to cars and coffee every month either in this or my Saab. Where are you located, you said you've seen the car before?

Comment

Originally posted by swifthirty86 View Post
        I usually go to cars and coffee every month either in this or my Saab. Where are you located, you said you've seen the car before?
        I'm in Brookhaven/Sandy Springs Area.

I thought it was this one, but I guess you snagged a different one as this is still up for sale.

Comment

Hey that's my car in the first pic! Neat! Also bump for atl area E30s haha.

Glad to see you're back in the E30 game Carson, the IS looks fantastic! Cant wait to see what you do with it. Paint looks like it's in great shape, and the 15" wheels help make the whole thing work really well.

Comment

Originally posted by sert57 View Post

Glad to see you're back in the E30 game Carson, the IS looks fantastic! Cant wait to see what you do with it. Paint looks like it's in great shape, and the 15" wheels help make the whole thing work really well.

YOU have my old e30 lol? I wish he would have sold it back to me.. Whats it looking like now?

Comment

Originally posted by sert57 View Post

OHH wait you are talking about the one at kennesaw in the parking deck, yea i remember you man. Thanks and glad to see you on here!

Comment

Very nice! Great pickup. I love seeing a good paint correction. The car looks amazing!
                1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                X