My first E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_seth View Post
    nice progress! I'm in Edison if you ever want to meet up and cruise! I'm also a noob to e30's so maybe we can learn together! hahah
    Yea most def, once I get her back on the road. Have to have some rot fixed on the firewall so I'm pulling the engine out this weekend and the dash out so I can send it to the body shop to get the firewall repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      i like the plastic and metal bumper combo. I always thought it would look best with the back being plastic and the front being metal.
      Not my first choice but the car was half way converted to plastic bumpers so decided to stick with it. Hopefully soon I can swap the rear bumper for plastic but need to fix a ton of drivability issues first along with the rot on firewall.

Comment

Update

Pulled the engine and trans. Surprisingly not that much of a pain to do on these. Off to the body shop she goes to have the rust repaired on the firewall. Hopefully can have it back from the bodyshop before the weekend so I can put the drivetrain back in.

Comment

* Update *

I haven't had much time to post and update but so far the rust has been repaired on the firewall. engine is back in the car and it runs without any issues. A local shop is welding up some parts on the exhaust since the Ireland engineering headers need a Y connection to work with the magnaflow catalytic converter. Also put garagistic poly bushings in for the front control arms, new OE brakes, sound deadened the floor with .80mil Kilmat and replaced the old worn out speakers with new kickers.

Comment

Working...
          X