First car and BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First car and BMW

Some of you may remember me from a meet a while ago...this is Nigel, Luke's son. I just got my first car, a broken-ass 325e, and am currently in the process of fixing it up so I can drive it. I wanted to show everyone the car as it arrived at the shop, so here goes:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

20 pics, from various angles. This car was owned (and probably lived in) by junkies, and we picked it up from a tow yard.

I'm hoping to someday be able to show it off at school, but it'll take a lot of work. I'm willing to take lots of time and energy, however, so it'll be shiny soon. I'm going to paint it white w/black interior, and hope for the best.

-Nigel

Looks nasty lol, hope you didnt pay much for it :)

Its good though to see these old beaters getting the attention they need.
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Welcome!

I just got my first car, a broken-ass 325e
      Hahaha I wonder how many of the nicer cars on this forum started out the exact same way?

That's a great car to start out on, and the fact that it's 'broken-ass' means you'll get to know the ins and outs of working on the car.

Good luck!
      :wgaf:

Comment

That is certainly a project, although the exterior damage is not that bad, assuming nothing got bent behind that tweaked as fuck front valance.

The toyota (i assume) seats are hilarious, and with some minor cosmetic work on the outside it won't look that bad. Interior work is easy, and once you get new parts the interior will look fine.

Toss 4 new tires, a timing belt and waterpump on that thing and drive it.

Nice to see another person restore an early model.

Comment

my car started out as a broken ass 318is and still sits as an ugly ass 318is. just not broken ass anymore.

it was never broken ass, but it was even uglier than it is now back in the day.
          173rd ABN

Comment

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
            Looks nasty lol, hope you didnt pay much for it
            Nope, only $100.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
            That is certainly a project, although the exterior damage is not that bad, assuming nothing got bent behind that tweaked as fuck front valance.
            I certainly hope not. That'd be much more work...and I have school.

Originally posted by ZinRot325i View Post
            Welcome!
            Thanks! I certainly hope to enjoy my stay here - the people seem nice enough.

Originally posted by ZinRot325i View Post
            Hahaha I wonder how many of the nicer cars on this forum started out the exact same way?
            Heh, good point. I know this one certainly won't turn out as good as some of the rides here, but it'll be good enough. Better than most cars people my age have.

Comment

Congrats on ur 1st ride

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Oh, and did I mention the rims are off an Izusu I-mark? It's so fun having a shit car to make good...

Comment

Nigel, it's great to have you on the board, finally. I hope you have good luck and a lot of fun with your new E30.

Comment

for 100 dollars how can you go wrong. good luck and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                      for 100 dollars how can you go wrong. good luck and welcome!
                      I think we may have found a way to go wrong...

There is a HUGE dent underneath the spare tire well, like the spare is pushed in about 8".

Since we found the guibo shredded, no driveshaft except the front half (in the trunk) the trasnmission mount also in the trunk, no exhaust on the car south of the manifolds, fuel pump cover plate off, pump unbolted and messed with...

All I can say is I am glad he is only 15, so no driving for a while. We have some work ahead of us!

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

looks like a lotta work! should be a fun project to work on

Comment

yikes.

Sold it.

Comment

have fun. In my own experiences, trying to bring back things that are that far gone ussually tend to burn you out, and never turn out all that great in the end.
                            if it starts to make you crazy---let it go!!! and dont let it ruin your thought of BMWs.

Comment

man..... how cansomeone let such a great car go to shit..... so sad. i hope you guys fix it up.
                              NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Working...
                              X