Euro 316i and unknown BMW history!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pipeuy
    replied
    Finally some updates!

    Managed to buy an euro cluster but it didn't work as expected so I actually took parts from 3 different clusters to build a good one. I can now see the mighty M40's revs! ;D










    This arrived a couple of days ago, purple tag E46 rack with E36 outer tie rods. Now I have most of the parts to retrofit power steering and to refresh the front end, the parts I still need should arrive in a couple of weeks.

    And some random pics my girlfriend took testing her new camera.





    Should I lower it more?

    Leave a comment:


  • pipeuy
    replied
    Originally posted by getouth
    I like it a lot!


    Drive Tastefully!
    Thanks!

    Originally posted by mike.bmw
    What an amazing transformation! Also very cool that you had a R3V E30 meetup while members were in town.
    Thanks! It was really cool to meet Simon and Mike36, we had a great time.

    Originally posted by ElRico_e30
    Hi Pipeuy,
    I've been lurking r3v for some time, reading your thread inspired me to join and post. I also have a (mighty) M40B16-powered 316i coupe down here in NZ. Mine's more 'poverty spec', being a slick-top with wind-up windows, no aircon, and steelies/hubcaps. 1989 build, sold new in my city in 1990.

    While the M40B16 is never going to do well in the traffic light grand prix, they're certainly a hoot to drive.

    I'll be watching your thread with interest. I'll get to putting one up of my own, soon.

    Regards from down under.
    Nice! I actually like those "poverty spec" cars, to be honest I'd love mine to be a slick-top car.

    I do agree the M40B16 is really slow but it's also very fun to drive, you know driving a slow car fast is much more interesting that driving a fast car slow.

    I'll be waiting for your thread!

    Originally posted by Jean
    Very cool and clean example man! Nice job!
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Very cool and clean example man! Nice job!

    Leave a comment:


  • ElRico_e30
    replied
    twins

    Hi Pipeuy,
    I've been lurking r3v for some time, reading your thread inspired me to join and post. I also have a (mighty) M40B16-powered 316i coupe down here in NZ. Mine's more 'poverty spec', being a slick-top with wind-up windows, no aircon, and steelies/hubcaps. 1989 build, sold new in my city in 1990.

    While the M40B16 is never going to do well in the traffic light grand prix, they're certainly a hoot to drive.

    I'll be watching your thread with interest. I'll get to putting one up of my own, soon.

    Regards from down under.

    Leave a comment:


  • mike.bmw
    replied
    What an amazing transformation! Also very cool that you had a R3V E30 meetup while members were in town.

    Leave a comment:


  • getouth
    replied
    I like it a lot!


    Drive Tastefully!

    Leave a comment:


  • pipeuy
    replied
    Firstly I installed a new ZHP gear knob, it doesn't really goes that well with the Italvolanti but it's the only knob I like that doesn't cost 300 dollars.








    Finally got to install the KW with new wheel bearings and top mounts. Oem top mounts for the front and E46 cabrio for the rear along with ECS reinforcements for some peace of mind.

    Ride height was set to what we thought was acceptable for the shitty streets of Montevideo. Ride quality is quite good, it isn't too stiff and you can feel the suspension working over bumps. Only tested them for a few km but first impressions are good. When the suspension settles we'll corner balance the car and dial out the ride height.







    Leave a comment:


  • pipeuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    You too Quique! Let me know when you do, the asado wont be as good but I can still show you around.

    Pipey, hows it coming along? KWs on yet?
    I'm installing them tomorrow ;D

    I'll try to get some nice pictures from the install and a before and after.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by QuiqueUy
    Nice meeting you man ! When i travel to the west coast i’m going to do my

    Best to stop by your house ! Hahaha
    You too Quique! Let me know when you do, the asado wont be as good but I can still show you around.

    Pipey, hows it coming along? KWs on yet?

    Leave a comment:


  • QuiqueUy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    It was the highlight of my trip meeting you and the Uruguay CCA group haha good times!

    Cant wait to see the next phase ;)
    Nice meeting you man ! When i travel to the west coast i’m going to do my

    Best to stop by your house ! Hahaha

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by pipeuy
    Hope you liked the car and Uruguay! It was great meeting you, now I should travel to California haha.
    It was the highlight of my trip meeting you and the Uruguay CCA group haha good times!

    Cant wait to see the next phase ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • pipeuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    I cant wait to see it!
    Hope you liked the car and Uruguay! It was great meeting you, now I should travel to California haha.




    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by pipeuy
    The car is mostly complete now.
    I cant wait to see it!

    Leave a comment:


  • pipeuy
    replied
    The car is mostly complete now.

    Some random pictures of the car it its current state.











    And these have arrived, KW V1. I should be able to install them probably next week, finally getting a non camel like ride height haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • pipeuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Yup, be there from 2/27 - 3/1 ... another R3V member will also be there with me.
    Nice, I'm going to be in Montevideo too so we can all meet for sure. Do you have WhatsApp?



    Random picture of how glossy the car actually is.

    Last edited by pipeuy; 02-13-2019, 03:13 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...