Schwarz 1990 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwarz 1990 325is

Long time r3v lurk... probably close to a decade at this point. Finally pulled the trigger and got myself an e30. Craigslist find, just needs a little tlc.

1990 325is
    Schwarz
    238k on the chassis
    ~100k on the motor (donated from a vert)

Needs a heater core (currently bypassed) and blower motor. Has some minor fixable rust - battery box, small spot above license plate, and small spot on outside of rear driver wheel well. Driver seat mechanism needs to be fixed and covered, and the driver bolster has a tear. Dash is cracked, of course. The front end is not original thanks to a deer incident with the PO. Otherwise, she's in great shape considering a lifelong NY/New England car - underside is completely rust free! Decent maintenance history with receipts, etc. came with the car.

I have a new oem is spoiler (for after the planned respray) and mtech 2 steering wheel on the way... Going to enjoy her for a few weeks then have a local restoration shop do the body work and give her a fresh coat of schwarz. Planning to lower her a bit, sway bars, uncracked dash, ecu, intake, exhaust.

Runs extremely strong and is a blast to drive!

Bonus picture of my F30 (Dinan stage 1)
    Last edited by ja80621n; 07-07-2018, 11:39 AM. Reason: updated link pics
    -- John

1990 325is
    2013 328i xdrive

From the pictures it looks like the paint is solid. Have you looked into a cut and polish? It might have a lot of life left.

Comment

Congrats on finding a pretty nice 325is. It seems like all the ones I’ve come across are rust buckets or 12k.

The Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Great find.paint looks to be in good shape.Welcome

Comment

Schwarz 1990 325is

What an amazing find, especially in your neck of the woods!

I ended up with the same year ‘is’ in Bronzit, but I really wanted Schwarz.

I’ve invested way too much money in my e30 so she’ll be around for a while. She’s getting body and paint work as I write this.

Oh and I have an f30 as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          90 Bronzit 325is
          16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Looks great, is that a Volvo lip?

Comment

Thanks gang...

@Strelok - the paint is pretty rough up close. Lots of deep scratches and surface corrosion (roof, trunk). And the front end repaint doesn't perfectly match. Given the amount of $ i plan on putting in bringing her back to perfection, the respray seems like a worth investment :p

@eternal24k - Not a real volvo lip, but looks the part. Some sort of cheap aftermarket lip. I plan to go back to an oem 'is' lip

I picked up the mtech 2 wheel (custom with leather center cap) from ebay/bulgaria as well as turner racing pedals. I also replaced the spoiler with an oem replacement. pics to come!
              -- John

1990 325is
              2013 328i xdrive

Comment

Working...
              X