Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New owner, first post. '89 325i convertible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner, first post. '89 325i convertible.

Howdy all,
    I am new here. Just bought an e30 in pretty bad condition. Going to restore this puppy to drivable and then maybe pretty.

Wish me luck, currently working on timing belt. Broke two 3/8 to 1/4 adapters behind my 13mm socket today loosening the alternator. Between that, the black soot, milky cooling fluid (blown gaskets?), and shortest possible AC belt (810 ... why!!!) its been a long weekend.

Purchase Picture:

Garage Pictures:

Ignore the painter's tape, testing to make sure engine ran before I took it apart, dry rotted intake elbow.

89 325i verts are the best ;)

I did the timing belt and water pump on mine right after I bought it as well. Since you suspect a blown gasket, do you plan on taking the head off before you put everything back together?

Good luck!
    Youtube Channel
    '89 325i Convertible
    '19 VW Atlas
    '19 Subaru STI

Comment

Originally posted by bellerto View Post
      89 325i verts are the best ;)

I did the timing belt and water pump on mine right after I bought it as well. Since you suspect a blown gasket, do you plan on taking the head off before you put everything back together?

Good luck!
      Yup, thank you! Ordered gaskets and arp studs. You know, to get it ready for dat ebay turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by thecrazyrussian View Post
        yup, thank you! Ordered gaskets and arp studs. You know, to get it ready for dat ebay turbo.
        ;d
        Drive it like you just stole it! :p

Comment

Working...
        X