'88 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88 325is

First of all, hello everyone. I just bought myself an '88 325is last saturday for the grand total of $350. Its got a fair share of work to be done on it, but im in the process of it.
    The only major issues are that it needed new brakes, and the front left wheel bearing needed replacing.
    Ive did both last night in my too small garage :)

Here are some pics:

Im really looking forward to bringing this car to its full potential. :D

Sick, I just bought a 88 is. Have fun with it and good luck making it look pretty again.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

welcome.

have fun.

drink beer.

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

nice clean start, looks like a steal

Comment

Wow! $350 is an awesome deal!

Comment

smokin deal, nice find!
            PNW Crew
            90 m3
            06 m5

Comment

damn, did you wax the paint?
              it looks good.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
              Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
              Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
                damn, did you wax the paint?
                it looks good.
                Nope. In these pics, its as i bought it. The paint is nice on some parts, but has plenty of small rust spots scattered about. The roof is also very faded.
                by the way, thanks for your help and info the other day-

Ive also got so bad news, someone hit me yesterday in the school parkinglot, because honestly, no one pays any attention at all. A cop saw it happen and the guy is going to pay for it, but it dented my right quarterpanel, rear bumper, and the trunk may be misaligned. The exhaust broke of the hangers and bent some, so i took it off after the cat so it wasnt dragging. It really loud. Sounds good. but way too loud. I got the hanger welded back on so ive got to get the pipe re-installed.
                But i may wait because Corsa (the exhaust company) may hook me up because my family knows them.

So well see.

And thanks for the input everyone!

Comment

Very nice pick up for $350
                  sigpic

Comment

its the red piece that you need to pull out, not the white. my bad.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
                      its the red piece that you need to pull out, not the white. my bad.
                      Hah, thanks man.

Anyways, im gonna follow up on the guy who hit me tomorrow, and im looking forward to getting it fixed. I (my stepdad) knows the mechanics and Andrew's Cadillac here in nashville and they'll do all the work for cheap, so it looks like I will be pocketing some cash.

Comment

yup, wheels and lights alone are worth more than what you paid for the whole car.

great find...

Comment

wow sweet deal
                          that is better than any deal i have gotten and i have gotten some sweet deals.

best of luck in fixing her up.

Comment

Thanks guys. Im workin hard on getting back into good condition. I just replaced all the brakes and pads, and have my new hub/wheel bearing ready. Ive also replaced lots of small stuff here and there, like sensors, emblems. oem shift knob (mine was broken off..), shift boot... Im about to make my next set of purchases. Gotta get a new oil pan, becuase i just noticied a minor crack in my current one. Shouldnt be a problem as long as i fix it soon and monitor my oil in the mean time. I am also going to buying all new suspension components, because i can bottom my car out by pushing down on it really hard.
                            Ill do a bumper conversion since the guy that hit me on friday has to pay for a new rear bumper (and lots of other stuff) anyways.

Comment

Working...
                            X