Hail vs. E30 saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail vs. E30 saga

Well today in Columbus we had some nasty storms and it was the first time that I had seen hail since I was about 12. Also this is the first time since I have seen or heard of hail that I have not had a garage bay to put my baby in.

What did I do? In the risk of my life..haha...I rushed out and covered the top of the car, from bumper to bumper including the hood, top, trunklid. each side was kinda safe with a wall on one side and another car on the other.

Well its dark out now so I don't know what she looks like but I can tell the towels are still on the car. So this will continue with pics tomorrow. I hope she is okay.

The hail piece was probably one of the small ones, I saw one hit a lincoln out in front of my apartment and it left about a 4 inch divit.

The black picture is the pic of the sky at around 6:45 right before the tornado sirens.
    Attached Files

dude, good luck! I really hope for the best for you.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it.

Comment

Good luck, hope the e30 and you both come out ok.

Comment

Towels? I would have used sheets of cardboard and blankets.

Comment

Well I didn't have a spare blanket or cardboard

Comment

Hell man the same exact thing happened to me this summer. Golfball sized were the small ones, with some being as large as baseballs. Luckily my car only got minimal "speed dimples" but either way it sucks big time. My car was minty fresh before, now while the paint still shines from certain angles you can see the dents. Your lucky you could even run out there and cover it, the hail just hit while I was at work. I tried to run out and cover, but I ended up with a 3 inch cut in my shoulder and bruises all over.
              Back to my roots

Comment

Geez, We obviously didn't have that big of hail. BASEBALLS!! I would like to see a pic of those. We had probably some come down as big as golfballs but only here and there. I hope mine isnt all dented up though.

Comment

gotta love california

Comment

^yea, in Cali I only have to stay off the vault lines. That can't be to hard since they are so big.

Comment

It was pretty rediculous man. I worked at a daycare teaching 3 year olds how to swim and over half the windows got busted out from hail. Kids were crying the whole deal. You should have seen the domestic cars all my coworkers drove. One of the teachers Pontiac Vibe lost every window on the car and was left with 3" deep dents all over. Totalled. Haha I think the only reason my car looks presentable is because it was parked right next to hers and that piece blocked all the big ones.
                      Back to my roots

Comment

haha, my aunt's cougar was in a hail storm and instead of taking a really small check she told the insurance company she'd rather have her care fixed. They replace EVERY panel on the car and painted it obviously. Really good looking car after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                          ^yea, in Cali I only have to stay off the vault lines. That can't be to hard since they are so big.
                          It's "fault lines"

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I hope your Bimmer didn't suffer too much, I can understand where you didn't have a lot of time to find something else, but I don't think towels would have made much a difference with hail. Well unless they were fairly thick towels! :D
                            '98.5 M3 Dakar Dinan
                            '89 325i Zinnoberrot Stock
                            www.Rockin101.com

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
                              It's "fault lines"
                              haha, I thought something was wrong with my spelling.

Originally posted by TheBlackKnight View Post
                              I hope your Bimmer didn't suffer too much, I can understand where you didn't have a lot of time to find something else, but I don't think towels would have made much a difference with hail. Well unless they were fairly thick towels! :D
                              They are pretty thick, but I really don't have an extra blanket in my apartment so I really had nothing else and I thought something is better than nothing. I just took them off the car...and E30 FTW. Took pics but my phone is dead so will up load later.
                              Last edited by Mastrcruse; 10-05-2006, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X