No announcement yet.

I rescued this gem from being scrapped. Feels good to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally had the rusted out muffler replaced. The previous owner had the muffler and rear bumper replaced with random hangers and bushings so those were rusted out and worn out and left the muffler to move about a ton and the shop got overspray all over the muffler tips and the valence (getting that resprayed later).

I supplied a local shop with a Vibrant 1148 Streetpower muffler and 2x Vibrant 1141 Ultra Quiet resonators along with the full oem exhaust hanger/bushing kit from Turner. They welded up a y-pipe after the headers and mounted the resonators one after the other. It sounds so much better but I think there might still be a leak somewhere since I can hear a rattling sound as I get on the throttle and really hear it if I drive next to a building that's close to the street.

Before:

After:

(that AAA sticker is a bitch to remove so I'll use a blow dryer/goo gone or something to get it off)

And as a bonus, the guy snapped a pic on the lift. Here she is with euro grills, ZKW turn signal covers (with silver bulbs so there's no egg yolk look but they blink amber), and a new oem is lip I painted satin black.

Last edited by tk-421; 03-25-2019, 02:02 PM.
    1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

Looks so good! Any updates?
      📸 @joyfilledpursuit
      📖 John 3:16-18

Comment

Nice

Comment

nice find

Comment

Gletscherblau is my favorite e30 color next to Zinno and Schwartz

Comment

Hey! I've been so busy with lots of changes in life (engagement, baby, etc.) that I haven't had much time to do much else yet. It's rather frustrating, especially when I've got a full 5-speed swap and other parts ready in the garage

All I've done lately is routine maintenance except for this little addition here: my favorite steering wheel for this car, a 360mm Italvolanti Formel. I've been on the hunt for this wheel in this size for a long time and finally found one that isn't totally beat or listed for over $500. I need to get non-airbag stalks because my big meaty claws keep hitting them when I turn the wheel and I don't want to bend them and risk snapping them:

1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

Working...
              X