No announcement yet.

my new nurburgring whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this damn car better give me the best vehicular fellatio I've ever had. I'm talking toe cramping, back spasm good.

Today we spent a good 3 hours and 1.5L of brake fluid bleeding the clutch, only to find out via realoem and my iPhone that we are using the wrong slave cylinder :mad. The dickheads that sold me the motor removed all the necessary things I need to actually get the car running, while still selling a "complete swap."

I guess when you say "I want everything I need to put this motor in my E30. Engine, tranny, exhaust, wiring harness, and ECU's" That really means in guys head "he didn't say power steering pump, alternator, AC pump, starter, clutch slave, guilbo, shift linkage, EWS wiring loom, reverse lights switch, or belts."

So i've had to source all these parts from other places. the alternator is from a 92 525, the slave cylinder was from an E36 325, the starter I had (read post above) and was incorrect was from the same E34 as the alternator.

tonight we found out that the E34 520 and 525 as well as just about every car E46 and newer share the same slave cylinder as the euro E36 M3 (PN: 21526775924) . Off to the junk yard a lunch tomorrow to get my uniform dirty:mad It doesn't help that my wife is going to Spain tomorrow morning for a month of work, and I ditched her tonight to "get the car rolling" when all in reality, all I did was futz around with a 7mm wrench and swear a lot. Cut a few knuckles too.

We also found my pull knob light switch smoking from the resistor in the rear... hmmm.

Here are some pictures from today, the poor thing is soo greasy, but i doubt I'll wash it. This dirty girl is going on the ring the day it gets registered. I'll worry about washing it when it snow's.

I'm not sure I like the BMWCCA badge, but I want to give the ring officials that little extra hint that this isn't a European spec car and please stop F*&KING with me!:nono

So what is left to get the car rolling?
    -order correct clutch
    -buy another 5L of ATE superblue (extra for my luck recently)
    -find out why the light switch likes spontaneously combustion as a practical joke
    -figure out why the master cylinder for the front calipers is leaking. it looks like it's from the plastic adapter that replaces the reservoir when remote mounting the reservoirs. hose to plastic connection is tight and dry, plastic connection to master is tight and wet...
    -put the interior back together
    -figure out why the dash light stay on. I'm thinking my AKG wire harness adapter might be screwing something up. The starter relay does not get the 12v signal to pull down the relay, and the dash lights continuously stay lit, something they did not do before this swap started.

/rant:help
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Very nice build! Where did you get the door cards? Did you do
      it yourself? I want to do something similar in my car.

Also is it me or you have two different brake bias valves in that pic?
      (the blue knob where the hvac used to be and one under the ebrake)

Charley

Comment

Where did you get the dash flocked?

2.7L M20 11:1 COMP 195 whp Dyno Dynamics 2380lbs

Comment

^ I'm guessing in Germany

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Charley View Post
            Very nice build! Where did you get the door cards? Did you do
            it yourself? I want to do something similar in my car.

Also is it me or you have two different brake bias valves in that pic?
            (the blue knob where the hvac used to be and one under the ebrake)
            Charley
            I stripped stock door cards I found in the junk yard down to just the fiberboard, then had them covered at a local appolstery shop.

Yes two bias knobs. The blue on in the dash isn't very fine as far as adjustment. clunk clunk clunk. I'm going to use the 2nd one for fine tunning of the rear bias.

Originally posted by Dyno4mance View Post
            Where did you get the dash flocked?
            A guy here in germany didn't do a very good job at it.

Comment

god damn, your stance looks so aggressive right now.
              i love the wheels, i love the flares.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                I stripped stock door cards I found in the junk yard down to just the fiberboard, then had them covered at a local upholstery shop.

Yes two bias knobs. The blue on in the dash isn't very fine as far as adjustment. clunk clunk clunk. I'm going to use the 2nd one for fine tunning of the rear bias.
                I thought that the the cards were flocked...What is the fabric like? Microfiber?

So the blue knob controls the balance bar on an aftermarket pedal assembly?
                (to clear the plenum on the s50?) Which setup did you choose?
                Easy to install?

Charley

Comment

Lovely! Can`t wait to get my alpine with IE out next season! Would be fun to meet you at the Ring.

What`s the size on rims and tires?

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    god damn, your stance looks so aggressive right now.
                    i love the wheels, i love the flares.
                    Thanks man! I want to poke the wheels out a bit more, but the front would hit. I have plenty of clearence at the top, but turning the wheel is where I run into problems, mostly hitting the front bumper and bodywork in the fenderwell.

I thought that the the cards were flocked...What is the fabric like? Microfiber?

So the blue knob controls the balance bar on an aftermarket pedal assembly?
                    (to clear the plenum on the s50?) Which setup did you choose?
                    Easy to install?

Charley
                    The door cards are just black tweed.

Yes, blue knob controls the pedal bias, but it is rather krude adjustments, I'm excited to get the car drivable and start playing with the bias. The pedal assembly is a willwood hung reverse mount, and NOTHING was easy about fitting it!

Originally posted by R Andersen View Post
                    Lovely! Can`t wait to get my alpine with IE out next season! Would be fun to meet you at the Ring.

What`s the size on rims and tires?
                    Thanks! I swapped the IE flares out for the eurostop ones, and they have a whole lot more room for tires.

The wheel/tire setup is 18x9.5 et 22 CSL rep wheels with 245/35/18 Kuhmo XS tires. I'm running a 5mm spacer in the front and a 10mm in the rear. I'd love to swap these rims out for my 18 inch style 5's, but the front would need to be spaced like 30mm to clear the brakes, and that is just too much!

So the M3 slave came in today, and the car can now shift gears! I think it might get registered tomorrow!

Comment

Car is looking great! I can't wait to see it in action!

Comment

only thing i'll pay is the possible damages that the shipping company might produce
                        Wrap the car in bubblewrap ....lol..jk...the car looks really good can't wait to see what cool stuff goes into it once its over seas.
                        sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

^^^sorry for the late post jus realized ..
                          sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Yes, blue knob controls the pedal bias, but it is rather krude adjustments, I'm excited to get the car drivable and start playing with the bias. The pedal assembly is a willwood hung reverse mount, and NOTHING was easy about fitting it!
                            Do you have a pic of the setup? What modification did you have to do to
                            fit it? Why not a two pedal assembly(brake/clutch)? lack of space?

So the M3 slave came in today, and the car can now shift gears! I think it might get registered tomorrow!
                            Nice! keep up the good work.

Comment

One more thing I forgot to mention that I like:
                              -your interior looks so proper. It's not all simply gut like most other dudes' track cars.

but my main question is why you chose a four door for a track car?

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Do you have a pic of the setup? What modification did you have to do to
                                fit it? Why not a two pedal assembly(brake/clutch)? lack of space?

Nice! keep up the good work.
                                I don't. When I get it off the lift, I'll grab some legit photo's of all the little things changed. I didn't fit the masters, I was in Afghanistan when they went in. To be honest, fitting them is beyond my mechanical ability. The guy who did it spent 15 years in the German Air force climbing around in Tornado's, and is a master technician. He was cussing up a storm about those damn masters.

The steering column had to be lowered a lot to clear the masters, and now it sits too low :). Once the car is registered, i'm going to remove the stock E30 sliders and Lee's seat adapters and mount the seat to the floor.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                                One more thing I forgot to mention that I like:
                                -your interior looks so proper. It's not all simply gut like most other dudes' track cars.

but my main question is why you chose a four door for a track car?
                                Thanks man! I want to do a few more things to clean it up a bit while still keeping the lighter is faster idea.

I choose a 4 door because they are better :)
                                Last edited by Eric; 11-03-2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X