New Guy 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy 318i

Hey Guys, Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the e30 chassis but also own an e46 m3 and a 2002. I stumbled on an original 318i slicktop while browsing for m3 parts. The owner owned it since 98'. His story was that he bought it from a lady who imported the car from germany. He was a friendly guy who just retired. Anyway, I wasn't sure how accurate his story is but the carfax doesn't show any records before 98', which I thought was odd. From my lack of e30 experience, it looks to be US spec. Anyone know how to track down history before carfax? Anyway, the car has 147k original miles. It needs a little TLC but interior was clean and seemed to drive good. It drove so smooth on the 2hr drive home. Needless to say, I have a new project. Lol.

Last edited by CTDRIVER86; 05-10-2019, 02:29 PM.

Good looking car....welcome

Comment

nice nice car
      I'm in southbay too, we should cruise some time.
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Welcome, really sharp looking car.

Comment

Beauty, love an M42 project and this looks just like one that lived in my hometown up in the Bay Area. Look forward to following this and welcome.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

thanks guys. I got the car from San Diego area.

Motheye99, cool man, I'm down to cruise. I'm usually driving up to ACH or Malibu on weekends with my other cars. I'm excited to cruise on this one.

Anyway, I've been busy restoring the paint on the car. I realized after my first pass on the buffer that this was a 1 stage paint. And found online that brilliantrot is 1 stage. So I've put about 30 hours on it so far trying to bring the paint back. Unfortunately the hood was peeling pretty bad and would likely have to get re sprayed. but the rest of the car was comming along nicely.

Also cleaned up the engine bay. I don't have much plans for this car. It's very tempting to fix it up with suspension and such but I have the m3 I take to the track and I kind of like how nice this car rides stock. Is the bilstein b8 shocks with h&r springs pretty stiff?

Last edited by CTDRIVER86; 05-13-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is cleaning up nicely!

I'm running H&R OE Sports (50404.55) and Bilstein B4s on my 318is. I like this setup a lot. fresh_TD took mine for a spin so he may be able to comment on my setup vs a stock 318i sedan. I've read that the B8s are a bit harsh, which is why I went with B4s. For ride height photos of this combo check out this post in my thread: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...&postcount=422

Comment

Working...
              X