Mini photoshoot + a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini photoshoot + a few questions

Got a little bored waiting for my buddy to get back to his house. Not a good photshoot, but it is something. there are also a few questions at the end, and if you could answer them that would be great. well here we go!

it doesnt look too bad

stock BMW rims

sooned to be replaced with a set of weaves from "Devo E30"

possibly the only good looking part of the whole car

the interior isnt that bad at all, minus the broken drivers seat.

even has a no crack dash!

i am aware that the hood fits like shit.

gets a little shittier

this is why i got the car for 50 dollars...

i jerry-rigged the one turn signal i have. it surprisingly stays put

the car looks so fucked up and depressed, but there is barely anything i can do.

so far on the car:
    -i have taken off all the a/c components in the engine bay, including the condensor and compressor and hoses.
    -replaced the timing belt
    -reinstalled the radiator, is in bad condition, but works like a charm. the car has no fan (thoughi bought one, i just have to rip the front end out enough to allow room for the fan)
    -installed the hood (bought from Devo E30, awesome guy)
    -retightened alternator, damn womens kid took the bold out on the bottom od the alternator for no reason, caught it when i was watching for leaking coolant
    -fixed passenger seat, no luck with the drivers yet though
    -fixed door locks
    -fixed trunk misalignment
    -cleaned the gruck and grime from underside of the engine, one messy job
    -changed oil and other basics like spark plugs and such.

there is a lot more work to do, i just dont know how far i will go with this crippled machine.

here are af ew questions.
    my speedo doesnt work, neither does my odometer, now i heard that there is a plug on the back of the differential that breaks a lot, so i checked it out and it looked fine. here is a pic

if that isnt it then what else could it bo? all my other gauges work fine.

and anyone have any clue what this stuff is?

i also know i have an exhaust leak. anyway to fix that?

thanks!

Looks like your rubber hanger melted. and your ODO has to do with the Gears. Also look into replacing your SI batteries
    sigpic

Comment

You should sell that thing to my friend. He would give you easily $500 for it.
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

I didn't notice the rear quarter panel damage in your other pictures. Yeah you should buy my shell for sure.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I think you should put it back together and get some money out of it. You are ready for a nicer e30 and you will be more happy with one esp an i. Mad props for sticking with this for so long. Or you could just go with this car, pay out the ass for a new rear quarter and go with it. Still, 50 is a damn good price.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
            Looks like your rubber hanger melted. and your ODO has to do with the Gears. Also look into replacing your SI batteries

thanks. i will look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
              You should sell that thing to my friend. He would give you easily $500 for it.

i dont know. it drives and evem without a fan it never hits the halfway point, unless it sits for around 2 minutes without moving.

the interior is awesome, and i love the car.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                I didn't notice the rear quarter panel damage in your other pictures. Yeah you should buy my shell for sure.
                yeah, it is a lot of work though and i dont really have all the tools to do an engine swap

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                  I think you should put it back together and get some money out of it. You are ready for a nicer e30 and you will be more happy with one esp an i. Mad props for sticking with this for so long. Or you could just go with this car, pay out the ass for a new rear quarter and go with it. Still, 50 is a damn good price.

i def want another one, i just have to get rid of my 02 se-r first.

and Devo E30 suggested a good idea, i just dont have the stuff to do an engine swap.

Comment

Drive it off a cliff. Definately worth $50

Comment

hahaha too bad there arent that many cliffs close to my home. there are barely any hills let alone a cliff

Comment

buy my car and then use your car as a donor for a 5sp swap then part out the rest.
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                          buy my car and then use your car as a donor for a 5sp swap then part out the rest.

nah i am ok. this is just a transition car. it is a piece of shit, though i love it at my age there are other things to worry about spending money on.

Comment

when i had my dodge shadow(2.5 Turbo). One of my friends told me to put a 1$ bill in the ashtray and drive it off a cliff, that way i could say i lost something.
                            *(we have several granite quarrys, so im sure he was serious)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                              when i had my dodge shadow(2.5 Turbo). One of my friends told me to put a 1$ bill in the ashtray and drive it off a cliff, that way i could say i lost something.
                              *(we have several granite quarrys, so im sure he was serious)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH thats pretty funny. i have a friend like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X