'86 Euro 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
    The cruise is an easy back date item, The radiator was probably added due to the older M3/318i style died in a fan/radiator rubbing incident or a failure somewhere. They seemed to be more likey to fail due to phosphate fluids than the newer units but they too fail quite often.

Some one run the VIN thru the dealer network get it's build history.. Blue87325ic?
    Yeah - I can run the VIN, just need the last 7 digits. Sweet looking car no matter what. Wouldn't a euro car have sidemaker lights on the fenders?
    Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
      so, just for your info-
      that isnt a CAT. it is the mittle topf- or in english- the middle muffler, that non cat cars got.
      very clean car i must say, and also, those seats are U.S. model seats. here in germany, they didnt get the vinyl ones. still nice ass car though.

there are alot of "interesting" things about your euro car
      first off, you are running an ETA radiator
      cruise control, which the cable is mounted wrong is VERY RARE over here
      and AC is even more rare, esp. on an 86 MODEL.
      you got yourself a really cool, very dif. car. keep it that nice and in 20 years it will hopefully be like a Yenko Chevrolet Nova!

I knew the seats had been swapped, but the rear seat still had the build sheet stapled to it when I removed it a month ago.

Why is the cable mounted the wrong way? Details?

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver View Post
      What size are the wheels? look rather large for ronals?
      15" Ronals with 205/55

Comment

Originally posted by BMDub View Post
        that is honestly one of the cleanest e30's I've seen.
        IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
          I'll never tell.....;-)

Ok, actually I will somewhat. If you look further up this thread, TUD mentioned that he was actually looking for a later model iS or iX-and I know for a fact his search has been going on for about two years. This car became available, I told him DO IT!-and smart guy that he is, he did. However, believe it or not, right after the purchase he was second guessing his decision because it was not an iX like he really wanted (and needed for his intended purpose)-and he had thoughts of selling this car to me.

But if you can believe this-as bad as I wanted it-I did my best to TALK HIM OUT of selling it to me. I knew how much he would kick himself in the cherries if he did-and he now realizes it more than ever. For one thing, you don't find many actual TRUE Euro cars here in the U.S. (imported brand new I might add)-and you damn sure won't find them with as few miles and as clean of a condition as this one.

So, let's just put it this way-cars such as this get top dollar! Now I am just waiting for TUD to pry his '88 M3 back from BMW's Zentrum display so he can get a family pic!
          Haha thats crazy! I'm sure this car was worth every penny...i know i would pay top dollar for a car like that as well.

Its a good thing this one was purchased by another enthusiast
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
            Wouldn't a euro car have sidemaker lights on the fenders?
            Well, thankfully, it seems they posted the sidemarkers on the trim instead of making a big hole in the all of the 1/4s.
            Trevor Ely
            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528 View Post
              Well, thankfully, it seems they posted the sidemarkers on the trim instead of making a big hole in the all of the 1/4s.
              To comply to DOT standards it did have them in the bumper at one time. They were later removed and the Euro side bumper trim was added.

Comment

Originally posted by TUD View Post
                To comply to DOT standards it did have them in the bumper at one time. They were later removed and the Euro side bumper trim was added.
                Yeah, be thankful they did that...Don't see that too often.
                Trevor Ely
                '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

God I hope mine is that clean one day... Sweet freakin' ride man.
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
                    Yeah - I can run the VIN, just need the last 7 digits. Sweet looking car no matter what. Wouldn't a euro car have sidemaker lights on the fenders?
                    A family friend at out local BMW Center ran the VIN. It is not in the DCS.. This maybe due to the fact that the first owner had an independent BMW repair shop.

Comment

I love it. Nice car. Maybe it's your driveway angle, but it does look like it could be just a smidge lower. Don't know what state you're in and their plate laws, but I think that front bumper is calling out for a euro plate.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcabrio View Post
                        I love it. Nice car. Maybe it's your driveway angle, but it does look like it could be just a smidge lower. Don't know what state you're in and their plate laws, but I think that front bumper is calling out for a euro plate.
                        It is the driveway. ;-) It would make my E34 look the same way.

Comment

A few pics I just snapped off.

City & Fogs

Low Beam & Fogs
                          Last edited by TUD; 10-18-2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Do the Fogs work with the highs on? If the jumper in the K9 section is there they might. Be cool if they did.

Old Skool H1/H1 Love the look as Smiley's are truely looking old as everyone has them.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                              Do the Fogs work with the highs on? If the jumper in the K9 section is there they might. Be cool if they did.

Old Skool H1/H1 Love the look as Smiley's are truely looking old as everyone has them.
                              I believe so. I'll check later. I do want some smilies.

Comment

I'll trade you.

Comment

Working...
                                X