X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrio - ness

hahah,,

here's a few recent pics of my babes.

Zinno it's on 225/50/15 and M3 spring with Bilsteins HD front and Sport rear shocks.
    still playing with the gauges, so that's not final. will need a leather shifterboot too.
    Cabrio side skirts are harder than ever to come by. so that will have to wait.

Delphi it's on H&R Coilovers with tender springs., borrowed her MT2
    steering wheel so that's why gauges shot looks odd., i like gauges :)

Last edited by fporro; 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM.

OOOOOOOOoooooo. Pretty.

Comment

Noice ! :up:

But change those wheels ! :-P

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Yea, the wheels on the delphi make me flaccid.

Sick cabby's otherwise.

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
        R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
        "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
        My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

interesting assortment of body parts/bumper treatments there..

Who makes the front lip spoiler on the Zinno ?
          (I like it – but then I’ll think: “Damn. That sure looks prone to breakage.” )

Who makes the side skirts on the Delphi ?

Originally posted by fporro
          Cabrio side skirts are harder than ever to come by. so that will have to wait.
          didn’t know that certain skirts were cabrio specific..

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Nice, very nice! That just proves to me that I really can't wait to put my lip spoiler on and get rid of the 3rd brake light. Thats also a suspension setup I have never heard people doing. How do you like it?

Comment

nice double-din meter lay-out u have there

Comment

i got to see the red cabrio in person and i vouch taht it is a very nice vert. Sup Frank? remember me, it's chris, that dude that showed up with the xB :)

Comment

Early Ronal/ACT LSs on the red car?
                  Trevor Ely
                  '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                  '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

zinno looks nice. I'm liking the stance and RD rear apron. How is the ride with Bilstein HD's and M3 springs?

Comment

That red cabrio has cleaned up pretty nice. I remember seeing some of the early pics of it. Good work!

Would you consider painting the rockers red on the cabrio à la Parkerbink? I photoshopped some ideas for you, hope you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by wycoco View Post
                        OOOOOOOOoooooo. Pretty.
                        thanks, mang,

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                        Noice ! :up:

But change those wheels ! :-P
                        Yeap, that's next on Delphi, well, there'sa set a long tubes on front of the line.
                        eventually the wheels will be RS's 16's. :)
                        Those should clear BBK's.

Originally posted by cahomey View Post
                        Yea, the wheels on the delphi make me flaccid.

Sick cabby's otherwise.
                        thanks man,
                        I hear ya, those wheels got to go.

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                        interesting assortment of body parts/bumper treatments there..

Who makes the front lip spoiler on the Zinno ?
                        (I like it – but then I’ll think: “Damn. That sure looks prone to breakage.” )
                        it's a oem part, early euro lip for cabrios.
                        That's why it sit's so low on US Valence, see where valence goes vertical (almost bottom of fog light).
                        sweped back section on lip goes there and forward most part should sit at current gap area.

Looks at peril, true that., se la vie., anyways, here's the old lip, it was my oem aluminum bumpered unit, painted, same setup,
                        basically lowest oil cooloer opening goes were plastic grill is.
                        gone due to hwy trash, man, same day I installed it and I never ever hit debri before.

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                        Who makes the side skirts on the Delphi ?

didn’t know that certain skirts were cabrio specific...
                        yeap, cabrios have deeper rocker panels.

Kamei, kit # 44313

I have a set of BBS ones, they look just like Delphi's but for coupe's and sedans only.

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                        Nice, very nice! That just proves to me that I really can't wait to put my lip spoiler on and get rid of the 3rd brake light. Thats also a suspension setup I have never heard people doing. How do you like it?
                        thanks,
                        the US llip spoiler it's a sweet cosmetic upgrade, shaved it !
                        I found a guy parting his Zinno iS, so swaped trunk lids for $ 30,
                        saved me a ton of work and moola.

As far as suspension goes.
                        Goal was to keep ride height at about an MT1 or 2 set up, so M3 springs are about as close too it without much lowering.
                        Was told that a 91 325iC mt2 sit's at 23.5" from floor to wheel well on 15's

She's at 24.5" on front wheel arc, that's 1.2 inch lower than oem, springs are also stiffer by about lbs ??...
                        at least stiffer than cabrio specific Eibach's Prokit springs.
                        there's a tread somewhere that list various spring rates, from oem, m3, IE, H&R, etc.
                        Here's springs pics, oem were 2.5" taller than m3's, not the case when compressed.

Overall, I'm very happy with suspension setup. perfect for everyday driving, still has oem CAB's.

Originally posted by Blitzer View Post
                        nice double-din meter lay-out u have there
                        hehhe, thanks mang.

Originally posted by 1985bmw325e View Post
                        i got to see the red cabrio in person and i vouch taht it is a very nice vert. Sup Frank? remember me, it's chris, that dude that showed up with the xB :)
                        hey Chris, how's everything, nice to meet you guys. Jasper and ???
                        waxed her, first time in 2 1/2 years of sitting on driveway, heheheh. poor thing.

Originally posted by bmwm3n528 View Post
                        Early Ronal/ACT LSs on the red car?
                        yeap, 15x7.5 ACT on rear and 15x7 euro weaves on front. well worth it.
                        really starting to like old SSR mesh rims too, they have so much more lip when compared
                        to same size rims and no flying hub caps to worry about., it's a matter of fact, followed a
                        hunch, it let me to a open container, in it was an old BBS mesh rims, 15x7 et13.,
                        ust like the old SSR ones, no hub cap compatible., it's gonna be my full size spare.

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                        You REALLY need some nicer rims on the delphin.
                        you're so right about that D,
                        i'm a cheap bastard, so I'll have to search again for a miscategorized set of 16's rs,

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        zinno looks nice. I'm liking the stance and RD rear apron. How is the ride with Bilstein HD's and M3 springs?
                        thanks man,
                        RD apron make a whole lot of scence, specially after bumper swap, spare wheel well was too exposed.
                        $ 200 painted, from same guy i bought trunc from, another $ 40 at bodyshop to have it screwed onto the the bumper,
                        there's no roomfor error on sides, they used about 10 clamps on this thing so it's very
                        MT2 like, hehehhe 1 piece construction like :)

suspension it's right on, car goes up driveways without much scraping,
                        same goes for speed bumps.

Hwy speed performance it's very good too, There's a bit of floating around feel
                        (worned Sub frame bushing like), but it's not from that., maybe Strutbar stiffened
                        front a little too much.

Car came with new Sub bushings and rear crossmember it self.
                        aligment guy measure front struts, they are 1 degree of camber away from each other,
                        so that may be it. will take Delphis K-Mac C/C plates for Zinno when I purchase GC's
                        for her.

Originally posted by td325ic View Post
                        That red cabrio has cleaned up pretty nice. I remember seeing some of the early pics of it. Good work!

Would you consider painting the rockers red on the cabrio à la Parkerbink? I photoshopped some ideas for you, hope you don't mind.

thnaks man, really appreciate the renditions.

yeap, she was a real mess when I got her, car came with the hardtop, or should I say "hard top came with car" ;)

got her the basics like TB/WP, Drive Shaft Center Bearing, Slotted front
                        brakes / pad job, new Slave Master Cylinder, better than before seats,
                        new subframe bushings,etc. oh ya, intake manifold gaskets, hoses,
                        belts, injector O rings, etc.

lip was black last week and really thought of doing black all around
                        as you demostrate., then again, looks like there's less car that way.
                        more it's more :) thanks gain., you really went all out with the hubcap
                        center ;)

maybe a 2 tone , technic 2, japanese market style.
                        usually Delphin body and Darker Grey from door panels on down, bumpers etc. some of them look nice.

Will paint rockers Parkerbink style for now. thanks for suggesting it.
                        I really liked Stefan's car when we came on by.
                        his probly sat lower than this one.

tyhnaks all.
                        Franky
                        Last edited by fporro; 10-25-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

gone due to hwy trash, man, same day I installed it and I never ever hit debri before.
                          shit. that had to have been a bad day..
                          yeap, cabrios have deeper rocker panels.
                          ah. right on. I noticed differences in the interior door-sill area for the first time in your photos. - so yeah, that's where the chassis gets beefed up to compensate for cabrio flex tendencies i suppose.

thanks for feedback
                          Will paint rockers Parkerbink style for now. thanks for suggesting it.
                          totally agree with this in regard to better continuity and 'bringing the car lower'.

Comment

.. and get some more gauges !

:nice:

Comment

Good to hear all things is good. The other guy's name is Rich. He was the one who didn't bring his e30 lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X