New Project: 89325ic for the wife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Project: 89325ic for the wife.

Somehow, i got my wife to believe she needed an e30 convertible. My good freind Ray was parting out a 1989 e30 convertible, and I figured this one is as good as any other. I got Ray to sell it to me and now it is time for me to bring this poor car back from the dead. It had hit a deer and the hood, rad support, etc was all bent up. The car is missing the diff and axles, exhaust, head/intake, etc. Its an auto, which sucks, but since she can't drive a stick its good. Its got 144k on it and doesnt look too bad. Well except for the no hood, front bumper, thing. Oh yeah, and the dash is all apart. I'm gunna do the craziest thing to this project that I've ever done to any project before..... I'm gunna leave it stock. Wow, thats gunna be hard for me to do, but I got strict orders from the boss on this one. Here are some pics from when i first got it:

Exterior:

Where'd the diff go?

Interior(check it out, the back seat has a vagina):

It came with the window sticker and purchase order! Look how much this dude paid for this car!

So I got a little bit done yesterday, not as much as I wanted to. I picked up a headgasket set, head bolts, water pump, belts, etc, everything i needed to get it running. Basically I was starting with a bare bottom end. I bolted on the oil cooler and new oil filter, then the waterpump and tensioner. I put the head/intake assembly on the block, when I found out that new head bolts didn't come with washers. You are supposed to use your old ones. Well this was a parts car, and there are no old ones anymore! The automotive equivilent of a cock-block. So I put the hood on and called it a day. My buddy has a set of head bolt washers for me, so I'll got get those today and hopefully torque down the head. On another note, what do you think of my hood :) My freind James gave it to me. I'm not sure if it will be a temp hood or If I will do the body work and repaint the hood. I bought a zinno front valance and bumper surrounds off ebay, so the hood is the only other painted peice I need to worry about. Hopefully I'll have another update soon! Oh by the way, you can tell i used to be into vw's cause my first mod was a euro-plate?

All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Conversations in the near future, somewhere in New Jersey:

"But Honey, I could not find any of those ugly bumpers, I HAD to put the plastic ones on. You don't want the front and rear to not match, do you?"

"You know the car has worn out springs. That is why it sits so much lower"

"Honey, you know they stopped making tires that size. It was cheaper to buy new wheels and tires than to try and find some old 14" tires!"

Uh huh. BT,DT.

Rock on man. Pics of the wifey driving her new soon-to-be pride and joy, right? Very cool score. I bet she starts to get the bug...by march.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Looks like it'll keep you busy! Keep us updated!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
        Looks like it'll keep you busy! Keep us updated!
        Yep. Looks like a cool project you have going there.
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

wish my wife would let me persuade her into getting another e30 :(
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

What happened tot eh core support?
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Nice Jeff, looks like you have your hands full there for a while.

Be sure to let us other Jersey-ians know if you need help :D

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                What happened tot eh core support?
                Appears it was attacked by a wild sawzall! Nah, it was badly damaged when the car struck the deer, it will be replaced once I get the engine running again

Comment

niice jeff, way to convince her, now u gotta get them Recaro baby seat for the back of that cabby~ ;)
                  Toyota Pickup

Comment

sheesh your poor wife.

Comment

looks like a fun project.

my wife would kill me if I even made a tiny comment about her driving an e30 again.

Comment

Can't wait to see it near completion.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

I got a little(and i mean a little) bit further today. I got the head torqued down and the timing belt on it. Not to much. I went to move further and i was missing some parts and bolts etc.

I think i'm missing a lower timing belt cover, right? Let me know if i missing something

Comment

Definately keep us posted about this project. I always enjoy see people bring the car back to life.:up: :up:

Comment

Yup. you need the lower t-belt cover.

Keep us updated.

My wife and kids want me to pick up another cabby some time. Waiting for the right one. It'll have to be extra clean, 5 speed, no mods. This one is going to stay mostly stock.
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X