Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ryan-G splitters...fall in pls!

hi all,

i'm really keen on seein some CLEAR pics of this splitter... thinkin of makin a carbon/ fibre version...

..if anyone's got pics of it as it is, and of course on their cars as well... pls post it up!
    ...like this 1 i found of good ol egk2's... FTW!!

if i can make a decent enough sample, would the demand for it be good?..

..some inputs pls!

cheers
    Last edited by Blitzer; 02-12-2007, 03:24 AM.

well you could ask Ryan...

And i don't know if CF would stand up to the torture these get put through. Most people install these to help protect their iS lip a little, I know mine gets hit a dozen or more times a day(not hard impact, but scraping).

my .02.

kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

someone is already kind of making them. go under the groub buys and into the carbon fiber gb thread going on

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604 View Post
        well you could ask Ryan...

And i don't know if CF would stand up to the torture these get put through. Most people install these to help protect their iS lip a little, I know mine gets hit a dozen or more times a day(not hard impact, but scraping).

my .02.

kyle

Carbon Fiber is pretty strong stuff. What is Ryan making his out of, some plastic composite?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
          Carbon Fiber is pretty strong stuff. What is Ryan making his out of, some plastic composite?
          ABS Plastic. It's a great product I had it on my is lip when I had my is lip :P

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzer View Post
            hi all,

i'm really keen on seein some CLEAR pics of this splitter... thinkin of makin a carbon/ fibre version...

..if anyone's got pics of it as it is, and of course on their cars as well... pls post it up!
            ...like this 1 i found of good ol egk2's... FTW!!

if i can make a decent enough sample, would the demand for it be good?..

..some inputs pls!

cheers
            You don't have to reinvent the wheel just yet-----A CF version of the Ryan splitter & other E30 items is actively underway in Marakka's thread "Carbon Fiber anyone?" http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=80026
            [I

Comment

Yes but Blitzer is really a great craftsman when it comes to this. I have seen his work and he is making me one for the Mtech2 front of my car. I would put his work up against anyone's product! Also he is in Asia where we win out on the exchange rate. Just food for thought. Im all for it. And let the best man win!

Hope you do not mind me whoring out your work!

This is what Im talking about! SEXY!!!!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^ I like it :p
                IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  Yes but Blitzer is really a great craftsman when it comes to this. I have seen his work and he is making me one for the Mtech2 front of my car. I would put his work up against anyone's product! Also he is in Asia where we win out on the exchange rate. Just food for thought. Im all for it. And let the best man win!

Hope you do not mind me whoring out your work!

This is what Im talking about! SEXY!!!!

Is that the splitter on your M Tech in those pic's? Is Blitzer from the Co. where you had the Subaru CF parts made?
                  [I

Comment

Thats not my car but Blitzer's himself. I saw it in his sig and sent him a message. Very cool person to talk to. As far as his involvement in Subaru's you would have to ask him. This is something that he does on the side and from what I can tell he does a damn good job of it. Enough for me to have him make something for me! They are in Their New Year season and he will not start on mine till that is over. But I will post pics of the product when he is done for all of you to see. I really have not followed that other thread and it was our brain storming that started this thread. We really need people like this in our community and I look forward to the finished product!
                    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

man i'd love to join in but my rear axle drive shaft went kaput... :S
                      $$$$$$$$$$ gone

BMW Club Singapore

Comment

heres mine.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                          wow that one looks fuckin awesome!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                            heres mine.

Sup Tristan, where'd you get that? I've thought of the idea, but it doesn't seem that as much abuse as mine(and many other members lips here) receive that it would hold up well.

As for the one Vdub posted, do you have any more perpendicular shots? not from facing up? I'd like to view it from the side, to see how thick it is.

kyle
                            1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                            DILLIGAF

Comment

Sup Tristan, where'd you get that?
                              kyle
                              Looks like CF "look" tape .
                              I thought of that before and nobody would tell once mounted .....until you scrape the front .

As for the one Vdub posted, do you have any more perpendicular shots? not from facing up? I'd like to view it from the side, to see how thick it is.
                              Thats been my big concer also since he posted his car recently .
                              If it just a flat piece basically like the RyanG splitters then it is FTL .
                              If its nice and thick and contoured much like the E36 M3 lip then it is ost definitely FTW and he better put me on the list too .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Working...
                              X