New Car - Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car - Z3

I'm finally throwing in the towel on my E30. I just can't keep up with what it needs. This weekend I bought a '96 Z3 1.9, and I love it. Four banger, 5-speed, 61,000 miles, and it's in immaculate condition. The owner kept every manual and key the car ever came with, and it's in perfect shape--the wheels don't even have curb rash! I took a quick picture on my camera phone to share--it rained yesterday so it's a little dirty.

I really like driving a stick again, and I'm hoping that I can keep this BMW up and never have it get to the point my E30 got to when I got it.

As a side note, the E30 will be going up for sale soon. I'll post an ad on here in the next week or so.
    1988 325ic Automatic

I can't imgine living in UT with a softtop roadster... Best of luck with this one.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

you shouldn't give up on the e30. if i had a z3 it would be my DD and the e30 would be my weekend/evening car.

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
        I can't imgine living in UT with a softtop roadster... Best of luck with this one.
        Heh heh--I've done it before. It's not that bad. ;)
        1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by doucy2 View Post
          you shouldn't give up on the e30. if i had a z3 it would be my DD and the e30 would be my weekend/evening car.
          I really only need one one car, and paying insurance on two just doesn't make sense to me. I'm the only one who drives either car. I like my E30, but I can't give it the care that it needs. I'd like to it to go to a good home where an E30 or BMW enthusiast can restore it and care for it.
          1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

A Z3, eh?

Make sure you get a matching Gucci bag and heels.
            A girl's got to accessorize, after all...
            :giggle:

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              A Z3, eh?

Make sure you get a matching Gucci bag and heels.
              A girl's got to accessorize, after all...
              :giggle:
              :finger:

Hey man, mechanically it's very similar to an E30. And so far all the girls have thought it was pretty hot. Plus it corners a lot better than my E30 ever did.
              1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

yea girls dig vert. roll with some nice 16's some HID's and a few other things and you will be set.

z3 1.9 is a close relative to the m42 WOOO

Comment

DASC that bitch :D
                  San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

How much did you spend on it? I've considered a z3 alot of times but I think its the z4 that would pull me from my e30 for good.
                    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

you need topless pics of the car and the girls who like it, together :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                        How much did you spend on it? I've considered a z3 alot of times but I think its the z4 that would pull me from my e30 for good.
                        Funny enough, I got the Z3 Buyer's Guide in the last issue of Bimmer magazine. They said that Z3's especially tend to be higher than KBB and NADA prices say. With that said, I got the car for $11,800--including taxes it was $13,100. For my area KBB said the car was worth $10,500, so I paid a little bit higher. But for the condition of the car it was worth it.

I have to say, I like the Z4s, and they're technically superior, but the four cylinder Z3s are a blast to drive, and you can't get a four in a Z4.

I'll be sure to post topless pics (girl and car) as soon as I get them. :p
                        1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

my DD is that same car but silver on cardinal ... great car and very fuel eficiant ...
                          m44 Z3 daily driver
                          e30 m20b27 King of the garage

Comment

Ls1, do it.

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                            Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                            E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Bought my wife one last summer. 97 2.8l with the stick. We got lucky and paid only $9500 for the car, and it had 66k miles on it.

Great car.

Comment

Working...
                              X