'92 325ic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'92 325ic

This is my '92 325ic. It's got 35k miles and a 5-speed. I picked it up a few months ago to replace my '93ic. It's all stock except for the 16" x 7.5" Borbet six-spokes and will probably stay that way for a while as I recently learned I've got a new baby on the way. I had a few basic things done after I got it:

new timing belt and tensioner
    power steering flush
    brake fluid flush
    new thermostat,water pump, water wetter
    new front seals
    new belts
    new oil pan and valve cover gaskets.
    new fuel filter
    redline in tranny and differential

I just had to re-connect the cheap aftermarket stereo to fix a short and replace the OBC today.

If you're on roadfly.org at all you're probably sick of seeing it, but here goes:

Great looking cabrio!!! I'm not a white fan but it screams look at me I look like Dave's old ride.

Wanna buy some rear headrest brackets?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

"It's got 35k miles and a 5-speed"

Really? If so that is amazing! Nice car too!

:up: :up:

Comment

I love the wheels

Comment

Original M-Tech II kit?

I really like the white interior.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

thanks

I did the "advanced search" at AutoTrader.com to find the car. You can filter for manual transmission, color, mileage, etc. At the time, this was the lowest mileage car out there. I had to have it shipped from PA to San Diego though.

I've seen the rear headrests on a lot of the european cabrios and they look good. I'm not sure why they didn't offer those here. My next project though is to do some work on the top. It worked (slowly) until about a week ago. Now the rear boot wont raise and so can't get in there to look at it. It's got the power top, but I'd love to convert it to manual (If anyone knows where I can get the right parts, I'd appreciate it).

I wish I had the mods Dave had on his cabrio. That was a sweet ride. Like with Dave's, the white/white thing looks better with the black top raised.

Comment

yeah, original m tech kit

You see a lot of these white/white ones out there. I guess they also came black/black, but I think they're pretty rare. Most are automatics though. From what I understand, the '91 m technic (the real one) had the lowered springs/shocks, 15" rims, leather interior upgrades, m techic cloth seat inserts and some extra badges. In '92 BMW offerered these with only the bodykit and some body-colored 14" basketweaves with polished lips for about $1.700 extra.

Comment

very very nice looking cabrio. lower it a bit and it will look hot. I can't believe you found one with 35k and 5spd. Nice find

Comment

Nice looking m-tech cabby you got there. Is that an exhaust system I see?
                  35,000 miles?! That thing isn't even broken in yet!!
                  What are your plans for it?

Comment

:shock:
                    well you are the luckiest man in the US right now. one in a million find

Comment

That is one sweet E30.

Comment

thanks

thanks. When I swapped the rims over from my old ic, I looked at the exhaust and it looks stock. It's got chrome exhaust tips which I think were a dealer option at the time. It sounds a little raspier and deeper than the exhaust on my '93 though.

I'd like to convert the top to manual, but probably won't do much more than take care of it for a while.

I'd drop it, but one, I can't really afford it anytime soon, and two, the front air dam already scrapes. I've started to be careful going through dips, but the spoiler's got some cracks in the paint already. Unintentionally, I ended up with 205/50/16's in the front and 205/55/16's in the back which angles the car forward a bit. When the tires wear out, I'll put some 215's that are even on it, but that will be a while.

Before I realized the problem with the stereo was bad wiring, I bought a used amplifier on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWN%3AIT&rd=1

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I had one of these with a pair of a/d/s speakers in an old car, I haven't heard anything as nice since. The guy's got another bigger two-channel amp for sale and I'm tempted to buy it too.

Comment

beautiful car. Are those black roundels? are you going to make it to any of the SD autocrosses, I'd love to see your car :)

Comment

Re: thanks

Originally posted by ragged325
                            I had one of these with a pair of a/d/s speakers in an old car, I haven't heard anything as nice since.
                            You probably won't ever.
                            Originally posted by Gruelius
                            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Good to see u made it over to R3V......as said over on Roadfly, fabulous lookin cab!

Comment

Working...
                              X