Proper Use For New FJ Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Use For New FJ Cruiser

I know a possible 3 of you care but blame Darkwing6 for requesting I post these.

This is what happens when you hang up on a submerged log, I was going to take a crack at the pit next to it but got confused and ran through that one. DOH!

Obviously door seals will only hold back so much water. Don't let the rubberized floor fool you, there's fabric like sound deadening beneath it. Pulling the interior out of your year old truck FTW.

Oh and before I get shit a Jeep with 37s hung his diff up in the same place ten minutes before.
    sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
    Current:
    1988 325is S52
    Former:
    2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
    1988 M5
    1996 328is

haha, thats awesome
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome!
      sigpic

Comment

Bad ass. I have never been wheelin' before. Looks like fun.
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
          Bad ass. I have never been wheelin' before. Looks like fun.
          Wheelin' is a fucking blast. It's kinda tense with a newer rig but the pay off when you make it up some ridiculous trail unscathed is that much better.
          The reaction of the average wheeler is funny too, half confused and half impressed. I wish I had a beater Yota that I didn't care about destroying because that would be more fun but this will suffice, plus it makes a good tow vehicle.
          Current:
          1988 325is S52
          Former:
          1988 M5
          1996 328is

Comment

that looks like capital forrest...man hit me up next time your in my woods. i want to play.

Originally posted by rwdrift
            Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
            - Erick

Comment

It was Reiter. I'll drop you a PM next time we go out wheelin' though. I love pulling out Jeeps....
              Current:
              1988 325is S52
              Former:
              1988 M5
              1996 328is

Comment

reiter? wheres that at. but ya hit me up man. i wouldnt mind seeing how well my heep can tow a new fj back into town...:p

Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
                - Erick

Comment

I need to find the pics of me pulling a friend's XJ out of a similar hole. Reiter is up North near Monroe. Some of the best trails in the state but a few of them require crossing streams, when I was there the water was WAY too high for me to make it across with 33s. Depth>tire height+swift current=no way.
                  Current:
                  1988 325is S52
                  Former:
                  1988 M5
                  1996 328is

Comment

Wicked! I saw a show on speed channel documenting 2 Toyota FJ's in the BAJA 1000... Those things were badass.

Comment

Originally posted by WillisE30 View Post
                      I need to find the pics of me pulling a friend's XJ out of a similar hole. Reiter is up North near Monroe. Some of the best trails in the state but a few of them require crossing streams, when I was there the water was WAY too high for me to make it across with 33s. Depth>tire height+swift current=no way.

ya deep water sucks my balls. not a big fan at all. i think my buddy with the grand on 37s goes up there. monroe is fuckin deep from oly.. let me know in advance. i might tow my shit. afterall i have to put my truck to use

- Erick

Comment

that looks like fun

Originally posted by DBcooperM12
                        when i grow up, i hope to be a superamazinasian....like dom.

Comment

Damnit, I thought it was going to be on fire. :-P

Comment

Will lets hit up a trail sometime..just not as....submerged :p

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                              Will lets hit up a trail sometime..just not as....submerged :p
                              Yeah, I normally avoid mud and crap like that but most of the other stuff was inaccessible. Before you go wheelin' with me you HAVE to get rock sliders for your rig. If you don't you'll hate life because you run serious risk of banging rocker panels, even on pretty simple trails. I've got a winch, straps, shackles and all kinds of stuff to unstick rigs too so you'll be in good company. Perhaps we need a PNW e30 Crew wheelin' day. I know Derek would be down to ride along.
                              Current:
                              1988 325is S52
                              Former:
                              1988 M5
                              1996 328is

Comment

Working...
                              X