A little update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little update

Busy weekend guys --;. I had to paint and clearcoat the lip and brake ducts. Take off the valance and bend parts into shape. Sand the paint off (chisel that textured shit), prime paint clear... and it's finally done.

It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty good for an amateur.

first time putting late valance on:

u can see that it's tweaked in spots:

paintage..

Final Product:

91 318is

Looks great Brandon! I would spring for some fog light delete panels & fill up the remainder of the open space on your valence. I need to do something about the valence on my car.

Just FYI...I have a set of basketweave centercaps with nice roundels if you're interested. :D

Comment

you can untweak the valence a little more with it on the car..2x4s come in handy :-D
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

lookin good brandon. all you need now is the oil cooler grill and the ducts and your set. when you get plastics ditch the front plate. since its a fix it ticket in texas they wont mess with you. ive never had problems and i havent had mine for over a year. looks sick though man, good job! we NEED a photoshoot asap

Comment

Lol thanks for the caps, Mike. My dad just brought them over and I was like "wtf.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh," and I figured he got them from you. Every bit helps.

redbull: I'll remember the 2x4 idea ;)

jeremy: thanks man, I'm gona stop by classic after school tomorow and order some fog blanks. I live in garland so cops are pretty ghey sometimes.(and being blackanese doesnt help haha) I'll def try to go without the plate though.

91 318is

Comment

Haha....no problem man! It was a secret undercover transaction.

Comment

what time do you think youll leave classic? i get off work at 630 if you wanna snap some pics

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                when you get plastics ditch the front plate. since its a fix it ticket in texas they wont mess with you. ive never had problems and i havent had mine for over a year.
                Not true. We got a $120 ticket on my wife's touring for no front plate. I haven't run one on my cars for 7 years and have only received warnings until lately. She got that ticket then I got one on my 540. I put the tag on and showed the judge and he threw it out but charged me some $10 fee, she had to pay the full amount.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                1989 325iC M50 Vert
                1989 325i Coupe
                1991 318is
                1995 318ti Club Sport
                2006 330i e90
                2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by brodee View Post
                  Not true. We got a $120 ticket on my wife's touring for no front plate. I haven't run one on my cars for 7 years and have only received warnings until lately. She got that ticket then I got one on my 540. I put the tag on and showed the judge and he threw it out but charged me some $10 fee, she had to pay the full amount.

wheres richmond by? planos just north of dallas and my brother hasnt had a front plate since 2000. never once did he get a warning. i havent had mine for a year and i drive my car everyday and go all over the metroplex. the worst i got was a cop that rolled up to me and advised i put it on cuz some cops MIGHT pull me over for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
                    wheres richmond by?
                    Her ticket was in Brookshire, off I10 west of Houston. Mine was out by Katy, also by Houston. Had warnings from local police, sherifs, and troopers.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                    1989 325iC M50 Vert
                    1989 325i Coupe
                    1991 318is
                    1995 318ti Club Sport
                    2006 330i e90
                    2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

looks great! I'm looking forward to doing the same.
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Working...
                      X