Mike Edler wasn't the only one playing with paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
    Those are honestly not the best pics...not at all.

Personally Mariano's E30 M3 shows all the best qualities of Diamantschwarz, even this apparent "purple"...

Once we see some real quality pictures I'm holding my opinions.
    I disagree. Marianos car is seriously hot, no doubt...but having seen DS back when it was new, I have always wondered why it photographed so poorly compared to what it looks like in person.

I feel these shots show the color best that I have seen.

Either way, this car is seriously nice.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Its all cool man. I understand what you meant. I was just being difficult haha.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
      1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
      1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Roll bar and shells and new paint job? Are you tracking this pristine example... or just like the feel of shells and want to be 'safe'?

Looks sweet.
        nice shot. http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s311/unhcll/5-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by lance_entities View Post
          Roll bar and shells and new paint job? Are you tracking this pristine example... or just like the feel of shells and want to be 'safe'?

Looks sweet.
          nice shot. http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s311/unhcll/5-2.jpg
          I race it at an abandoned wharehouse strip on Wednesday nights, 3/4 mile straight strip, 3 lanes wide.

:rofl:
          It will see Drivers School time with BMW CCA. I was able to pickup the shells for an amazing price (IMHO) and they necessitated the rollbar/harnesses. Stock belts were just way to unsafe.

I'm not really worried about tracking it... it will get rock chips on the road too, and it is "just" paint. It can always be repaired. It'd be a waste of a brand new engine to only drive it to work and on Sundays, hoping not to get stopped by the police for winding it out on public roads.

I'm also 6' tall, and sitting in the stock sport seats put my head too close to the roof for my own comfort.

-Chris
          Below the radar...

Comment

Wow, that M looks so nice! Congrats!
            '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Well, you have balls. Or doing love paintwork. Good luck keeping that car as beautiful as it is now. Maybe a ton of blue tape will help. It's good to hear it will be put to good use, although shocking to use a pristine example at a road course. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
              X