Start on m50 or wait ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start on m50 or wait ?

What would you guys do in my case ? I've done most of needed maint. already, it's got a 3.73 lsd in it now and rear brakes are now disc brakes.

The next 3 large items I have planned are the following:

m50 engine swap & e36 steering rack swap
    15x8 rota wheels
    bbk

Would you go ahead and do wheels next to make room for the bbk or start finding all the components for the m50 swap ? I am thinking running rotas with bbk and m10 would be
    wheels and/or bbk
    12.00%
    m50 and then wheels and bbk
    28.00%
    drift it into a curb r3v style
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

make it a sleeper and go from there.
    91 m3

Comment

Lookin good!

If you want to do the M50 swap cheaply, I'd suggest sourcing the components slowly, as parts become available. Sometimes it's hard to find a 525i oil pan, and sometimes it's easy.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Start collecting parts for the m50 swap, if i were you i would wait on the bbk and get powerslots, ss lines, and pads. If you do a 5 lug swap you can upgrade to e36 M3 brakes, and have suffiecient braking power.

Just my 2 cents,

Brian

Comment

Not doing 5 lug swap, and rotors will be solid. Pads probably hawk hp+ or carbotechs (if they have a set for our cars), as I've had good luck with both before.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

do the m50. you have great resources for e36 parts in rancho, go there for your e34 oil pan also. once the motor is in, build the car around it.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

m50, check out my thread in the 24v section. have alot of the parts listed there
              NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

I say stick with bottlecaps, and install an S50 instead of an M50.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I would do wheels and any cosmetics then drop in a m52 or s50... M50s are BLA
                  :: PNW Crew ::
                  '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

drift it into a curb r3v style

voted.
                    91 m3

Comment

No brainer

M50! Much more enjoyment and satisfaction from the swap!!!!!

Comment

just get some weaves on that beast to hold you over and rock a 24v.
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Drive it. I see its going to be your auto-x/track car. Learn the car how it is now, and then do the motor swap in the off-season(if there is such a thing in sunny cali!) Plus the 3.73 will be a little too much with the m50, you'd probably want a 3.25 or 3.46.
                          All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                            Not doing 5 lug swap, and rotors will be solid. Pads probably hawk hp+ or carbotechs (if they have a set for our cars), as I've had good luck with both before.
                            M50 FTW. I wouldn't hesitate to run an M50 with a 3.73 if you are running a getrag 260. I'm running a 4.10 with my built M50 and a 260 and I love it 6500 gets me 137mph in 5th and when I finish my chip i'll let you know what 7500rpm gets me.

carbotech does make pads for these cars and they are hands down the best pads i have ever run. my suggestion is panther +'s they take a sec or 12 to get warm and squeal like a hord of dying babies but with sticky tires you can outbreak a most sportscars handsdown and I have set my caliper seals on fire before they ever showed signs of fade.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofmpower View Post
                              M50 FTW. I wouldn't hesitate to run an M50 with a 3.73 if you are running a getrag 260. I'm running a 4.10 with my built M50 and a 260 and I love it 6500 gets me 137mph in 5th and when I finish my chip i'll let you know what 7500rpm gets me.

carbotech does make pads for these cars and they are hands down the best pads i have ever run. my suggestion is panther +'s they take a sec or 12 to get warm and squeal like a hord of dying babies but with sticky tires you can outbreak a most sportscars handsdown and I have set my caliper seals on fire before they ever showed signs of fade.
                              It's hard to get brake fade on the street !

Comment

Working...
                              X