r3ved mine today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r3ved mine today.

Most of you probably don't know me, I lurk more than I post, but what the hell..

While taking my friend to pick up his car from the body shop today, after his car got smashed yesterday (day before prom.) So im on a two lane road, my lane is packed due to the guy trying to turn in front of me, I move into the right lane after checking my mirrors, and 3 head checks. As soon as my rear wheels are next to the guy that was in front of me I get fucking slammed from some guy on the right, which in turn sends me into the car that was previously in front of me. Here's the damage. Crappy phone pics, but I can't get the chip to read from the digital camera.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

On the bright side of things my long awaited IS lip came today...

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Not an R3V though. An R3V is when you wreck your car by driving like an idiot and/or doing something stupid.

Best of luck to you with the repairs.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, thought it was just a general fuck up. You should be able to see the pictures now.

Comment

That's not too bad at all. New fender, some new trim peices and a new bumper, few other misc items, you'll be good to go.

Were you at fault? Is insurance going to cover you?

Comment

As of now it's the other guys fault, especially since he was 16, on his learners, and speeding, but unfortunantly I only had liability insurance, so I don't get any money out of it. The officer at the scene decided he wasn't going to stay because were exchanging information, so no one was given a ticket. Basically, I was in the second lane for at least a car length before I was hit from the side (from insurances view) "I shouldn't be held acountable."

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinho View Post
            As of now it's the other guys fault, especially since he was 16, on his learners, and speeding, but unfortunantly I only had liability insurance, so I don't get any money out of it.
            Not from your insurance company, but you will from his.

Comment

That moans!

Glad to hear you didnt get hurt!

Good oppertunity to swap to plastics!
              Damage appears to be repairable!

Comment

Yeah, I'm about to get underneath of the car right now. I know the tie rod is bent to shit and my steering looks like / \, but once i turn 3/4ths of the way to the right, steering gets real loose so I hope it's not the rack. The wheel is also bent to shit, just have to wait for my paycheck...

Comment

time for euro bumers/plastics and ie fender flairs ;)

and maybe a m3 or z3 rack if your rack is toast
                  ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Sucks, but at least you got the guy who hit you. Just get out your hammer, dolly and bend the valance/fender back into place. They're quite resilient to being bent.

Comment

Working...
                    X