Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed the window, and did some other stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed the window, and did some other stuff.

Well, as most of you saw in here... Last weekend my car got broken into. They bashed out my passenger rear window, broke apart my dash, and stole my stereo.

Well, thanks to some of you on here my car is now fixed. Thanks to Tom for the window, and thanks to e30trash/e30groupie for the dash piece I needed. Thanks also to anyone else who offered up parts, or put the word out that I needed parts. My dad was kind enough to buy me a new stereo as an early birthday present when he found out my car had been broken into.

The best part of this last week... I found out that my shop WILL NOT be laying people off anymore. They somehow came up with the money/work to be sure that they will not have to lay anyone off for the summer. I am INCREDIBLY excited about that!

I went over to my friend Mike's house, since he said he'd help me put in the stereo, and lend a hand on the window. And we decided... Eh, maybe we should just shadowline the trim while we're taking shit apart. So we did.

Then I decided since I had the stuff, why not respray my grille and kidneys? Since they were super chipped. THEN... I can't stand the obnoxious dinging when I leave my door open and the car on. I like to listen to music when I'm cleaning the car or working on it. So we opened up the dash to take that out, and we realized there were other random wires that didn't need to be there at all. Wires for a radar detector that I don't have, wires for a city light switch when there are no city lights... Random shit. So we ripped all that out and removed all the unwanted wires.

Here's some pictures of the work on the trim, and some of the cars at that house. Enjoy.

My friend Mike's 00' Audi a6 2.7tt on dubs. He had the car for a week and it was already slammed on coils with the wheels.

His fiance's 97' GTI vr6 with a Jetta front end swap and tons of other goodies. (+the first picture shows my resprayed grille/kidneys)

Their room-mate/my other friend Mike(Sn00py as some call him). His Scirocco. Currently getting the engine bay shaved and lots of the motor polished. The car has a built 8v that is crazy fast. I was pretty surprised when I drove it.

The finished pictures of the trim+grille.

The Volvo that shows up in some of the pictures is my fiance's 02' Volvo s60 2.4t.
    Last edited by wRek; 05-27-2007, 11:16 AM.

You should've taken a pic of the Volvo, I'd rather drive a Volvo than a VW or Audi any day man.

Nice work on your car, I think those meshies look pretty damn good on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Duncan View Post
      You should've taken a pic of the Volvo, I'd rather drive a Volvo than a VW or Audi any day man.

Nice work on your car, I think those meshies look pretty damn good on it as well.
      Well, I came from VW's and have loved them since I was younger.
      Audi's as well. I grew up in a family with euro cars, so I'm pretty open so long as it's european.

The Audi is an AWD 2.7L twin turbo. I'd take the Audi over the Volvo. ;)

But since you asked...

Comment

glad to see it all back to normal....:D lookin good. btw since your a vw guy, when are you going to put some rediculously wide wheels and stretched tires on that bad boy? lol

Originally posted by rwdrift
        Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
        - Erick

Comment

Originally posted by E-rich View Post
          glad to see it all back to normal....:D lookin good. btw since your a vw guy, when are you going to put some rediculously wide wheels and stretched tires on that bad boy? lol
          Well... MAYBE this next month. But if not, then later this summer.

I gotta make an appointment to get a new exhaust some time this next week or two. There's holes in my muffler and it sounds awful.

And thanks again for letting Tom know I needed that window. You were a huge help!

Comment

Nice work! Good to see that you got everything back together and also managed to make some improvements.

Regarding the shadowline; did you have any trouble painting the trim while on the car? Would you reccommend doing it that way? I'm doing the shadowline this summer and I'm not sure if I'll leave the trim on or take it off.

Comment

Thing is lookin good mang! Some nice lil touches make such a difference. Get any headway on the interior? Have any questions about that hvac panel hit me up. Great to hear about work too! Thats gotta be a relief!
              sigpic

Comment

It really wasn't that bad doing it on the car, you just have to make sure that you mask VERY carefully.

I used a product called "PlastiDip". They sell it at Home Depot in a spray can, and this shit DOES NOT come off. My friend has the grille on his Audi painted with it, and has already made a round trip down to Cali and all around our area for a couple months without any chips or wear showing.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                  Thing is lookin good mang! Some nice lil touches make such a difference. Get any headway on the interior? Have any questions about that hvac panel hit me up. Great to hear about work too! Thats gotta be a relief!
                  Already got the dash fixed and the new stereo in! Cleaned the wiring up in there too. Capped off any unused exposed wires so they weren't a hazard.

Thanks for letting Elliott pick that up from you! It helped me out a lot.

Comment

Nice man, I've always had a soft spot for Volvos myself, I just find them really classy.

I grew up around Japanese cars, Learned how to drive in a Honda CR-X, So I understand;)

Comment

That scirocco is bad ass, I'd drive that like it was nobody's business!

Nice looking shadowline too
                      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Looks like a fun day, but it reminds me how very badly I need to do that to my trim.

Comment

Honestly... If we hadn't been jumping back and forth between projects inside and out, the entire job on the window trim wouldn't have taken us more than maybe an hour and a half.

Comment

Nice work... But I'm replying because of that Scirocco. That looks hot. I had one in the same colour, slammed on 13x8 smoors (very similar to those, except they were multipiece look and were all silver). Anyways, looks like I'll have to go to some of the VW meetups when that thing is complete!

Can't wait to see a proper shaved bay in a rocco.

Comment

Head to WaterWagens this July. It should be finished by then!

Comment

Working...
                              X