X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    CUZ SOME PEOPLE DONT NEED TWELVE CARS WITH DIFFERENT USES BEN

lol
    That has nothing to do with my question.

I'm just curious what it was that triggered in his head the notion that "Oh, shit, I'm spending all this money on this car when I should have one of those cars!"

Comment

Just for the record - - - - the datsun 510 was besed off of a BMW 1600. So the obvious choice is NOT a e30, it's a 2002 or 1600. A dual side draft 2002 is way cooler than an e30 anyways and handles alot better. Or you can do like me and turbo an 2002 and make roughly 3x the hp.
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

well I see the E30 as the logical continuation of the 2002/1600 and 510. I have owned many Datsuns including 3 Zcars all inline 6 (I love the sound of a tuned OHC 6 it's like a symphony with bass and treble choruses depending on throttle position) these z's are why I must have an E30 with a 6.

I bought the Saturn because I needed to haul stuff and at the same time I couldn't justify a truck so...............Yah it was stupid. I modified it because I have to pay on this damn thing till 2010 and I CAN'T STAND STOCK CARS!!! Yah buying a saturn was stupid and instead of trying to make basterdised euro a euro I should have just bought a Damn euro.
        Phil

Comment

Originally posted by philip1 View Post
          I bought the Saturn because I needed to haul stuff and at the same time I couldn't justify a truck so...............Yah it was stupid. I modified it because I have to pay on this damn thing till 2010 and I CAN'T STAND STOCK CARS!!! Yah buying a saturn was stupid and instead of trying to make basterdised euro a euro I should have just bought a Damn euro.
          Breathe in...breathe out.

Mike looks like your red car may have a competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by philip1 View Post
            I have owned many Datsuns including 3 Zcars all inline 6 .
            Do you know Mitch in Morganton? I figure probably no, but anyway he was into Z cars before E30's as well.

I'm sorry about the Saturn. My dad had one for about 2 months. Then the engine blew up. At about 140,000 miles. Yeah I hated that car..

Comment

I'm OK I took the wagon up to 100 today to clear my head so I'm OK
              Phil

Comment

stopped by a local dealer on my lunch today no E30s but OH WOW an M-technic 530i on 17s with the manumatic and to top it all off there was an M button on the steering wheel
                Phil

Comment

Saturn has had some decent cars in the past, and a bit of rally history as well, You'd think people would get tired of the smell ya know, maybe take the head out of the ass for once?

Comment

Did you see this one on Craigslist? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/car/328379809.html

I've been thinking about picking it up, but I already have too many cars.

$1200 is good for a running late model. Pick up all the parts you need for a manual swap at pick n pull for $300 or less (a guy I know did the swap for $150 on his 240sx with parts from there).

Add another $500 for shocks and springs.

Then you will have $2000 in an awesome car.

Comment

my car isn't horrid it just isn't fun not like my old 510 was.
                      Phil

Comment

Working...
                      X