Can I Fix My Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Fix My Paint?

I asked myself this question about the paint on my 325i. its in sad shape. I decided on just doing the trunk lid, just to see if it would be worth it.

So i ran to the local Checker Automotive and picked up some wax and that new TurtleWax Ice Claybar stuff, figuring i would give it a try.

I took the wing off to get the 20 odd years of dirt out from underneath it.

Started with a wash, just to remove all loose dirts and surface soils.

After Claybar

Letting the wax haze

I did the same to the trunk spoiler too.Finished product

All in all, i am happy with the way it turned out. The paint is still nowhere near perfect, but at least i know it can look shiny and presentable again.Thanks for looking.

That turtle wax liquid clay bar works great. I used some a few weeks ago and was very impressed. It is much easier to use than a regular clay bar also.
    sigpic

Comment

that turned out really good. are you going to do the rest of the car? try some "real" products and it may turn out even better. a nice polish will help a lot too. what wax are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s View Post
        That turtle wax liquid clay bar works great. I used some a few weeks ago and was very impressed. It is much easier to use than a regular clay bar also.
        yeah, i found it super easy to work too. did a fabulous job.

Comment

how much did all that shit cost you

did a fine job i must say... hows that door of yours?
          Originally posted by ebelements
          Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by StrokedSix View Post
            that turned out really good. are you going to do the rest of the car? try some "real" products and it may turn out even better. a nice polish will help a lot too. what wax are you using?
            yeah, now i have to do the rest of the car. loland i was using Mothers wax, the stuff in the red can.and i didnt use any polish, simply because i am not that knowledgable about the subject.when do you put the polish on? and how?

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
              how much did all that shit cost you

did a fine job i must say... hows that door of yours?
              cost me about 30 bucks for all the stuff.and the door is going to be transformed into a red one tonight. lol but right now its still broken.

and thanks for the compliment

Comment

Awesome work dude!
                . . .
                Erik

Comment

Wow, that looks good. Now I'm gonna have to try this on my car.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, now i just have to do the rest of the car!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
                      Thanks for the kind words, now i just have to do the rest of the car!
                      Then we will do minezz!

Once i get those damn windows workin....

M50B25tu

Comment

Looks great, I'v enever used a 'liquid clay bar' but the old-fashioned kind are great. You could apply a polish after the clay bar, before using a wax. It should help remove scratches and give a nice, deep look to the paint. If you do, get a wax that is mostly carnauba, you don't need any 'cleaner wax' after you clay & polish.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          Looks great, I'v enever used a 'liquid clay bar' but the old-fashioned kind are great. You could apply a polish after the clay bar, before using a wax. It should help remove scratches and give a nice, deep look to the paint. If you do, get a wax that is mostly carnauba, you don't need any 'cleaner wax' after you clay & polish.
                          Jake, we wil most def do yours! just get your windows up!alright, i have the mothers caranuba wax right now.what kind of polish should i get? and do i apply it the same as i do the wax and claybar?

Comment

I recently picked up that liquid claybar, glad to see it works well!

Now I just need to spend a whole day cleaning...
                            Reminiscing...

Comment

I wish I could see the pictures but photobucket doesnt want to load them...
                              Keep on Keepin' on.

Comment

Working...
                              X