Let me introduce myself...1991 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me introduce myself...1991 318i

I've wanted one of these for a few years now, specifically an M42 e30. Ideally I wanted a red 1992 318ic with a black top and tan interior, but when the opportunity to save this one came along I had to take it.

This car had belonged to my boss since new. He bought it off the lot in 1992 and every time the car was serviced he shoved the receipt in the glove box. I have a massive pile of yellowed paper receipts and smudged carbon copies that I've sorted and filed. Mostly dealer services and independent BMW shops :) , with a bunch of Jiffy oil changes along the way :( He bought a new car in 2000 and the 318i wasn't driven much after that. He loaned it to friends, and used it when his other car was in the shop. Thus the car only managed to accumulate 78k miles in its 15 years with him. In February he received a letter from his HOA to get the car out of his driveway. It had been sitting with a flat tire for about 8 months. I finally convinced him to let the car go to a new, better home with me.

Its got some bumps and scrapes, and could really use a buffing, a lip and maybe some euro trim but for now I'm just enjoying it as is.

Here's a few pics from the AZBMW.org group drive to Prescott, AZ last month (sorry about the crummy quality):

I also picked up these 15x6.5" 3-piece OZs a couple weeks ago. I've already emailed Kodiak for a quote on wider polished outer barrels Of course, if I do that I'll need suspension, and then I'll really need to get a lip...it never ends. And yes, the purple tint needs to go, and will soon:

Interesting wheels! Looks like a nice start. What size would you want to run after getting some Kodiaks?

Any closeup of the wheels? And make sure you measure everything right if you do end up buying from Kodiak!!
    Reminiscing...

Comment

Nice looking car.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Go home freshman, I was under the impression this was a "beater." Right? Can't beat the price though. Slowly and surely it'll become your new project car, they always do.

Comment

i love 4 doors. make it pimp or die.

Comment

ltws, clears, and a drop. Oh wait, it's not your old car. :P

You stole those wheels, and you stole the car? Bah.

Paint it that one yellow color, the one, ya know.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
            X