Unbelievable....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable....

Well, lets start on a more funny note. I was at a local boneyard in search of rotary bits and pieces, when I saw an 84 318, it had been gutted of its vinyl interior and most other useful things, but what remained was a crack free dash, and the lip. I've been lipless for quite some time, now I figured, why not, lets see how much it is! $6 the lip was mine, and I promptly ghetto zip tied it on as to do as little damage to my valance as possible when it scraped.

To my surprise it kind of fits and it doesn't look horrible from the front, quad brake ducts 8) It does scrape, alot, every little dip crest, cigarette butt. It's around .5" off the ground.

I slapped that lip on friday night, and then drove about 100miles today going to a little meet nearby. Amazingly enough, the lip survived the voyage no worse for wear! Wonder how long it will last...

Now for the sad news, my other E30 that I've had stored at my parents house needed to be moved today, which I was unaware of or I'd have gone over and done it. Well, dad's friend, who is a trucker, and should know how to tow a car, decided to wrap a chain around my valance and oil cooler....

I'm not sorry for the crappy phone pictures!
    Less than one week
    33.33%
    One month
    33.33%
    Five months (winter!)
    22.22%
    Its off a 318! Indestructable!
    11.11%

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
    Now for the sad news, my other E30 that I've had stored at my parents house needed to be moved today, which I was unaware of or I'd have gone over and done it. Well, dad's friend, who is a trucker, and should know how to tow a car, decided to wrap a chain around my valance and oil cooler....

I'm not sorry for the crappy phone pictures!
    Are you shitting me? He's going to pay for the repair right? Please tell me that your dad didnt pay him to move it..

What are tow hooks for again? Damn I hate idiots. Sorry bud, good luck with the repairs.

If you had factory brackets I'd give you a solid month, but with zipties I dont think that lip is going anywhere.

Comment

Do 88's have tow hooks on the front?

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I'm fairly sure that they have a tow hook on the rear, and I thought that they had threaded spots for tow hooks in the front. But I honestly have no clue.

Cant remember.
        Last edited by rThor432; 06-23-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Nevermind i remember the tow hook screws into the middle of the front bumper on 88's

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Yes, it has a threaded tow hook, which is in the little holder in the trunk, all he had to do was take it and screw it in.

He won't be paying for repairs, they basically just laughed about it. If I can atleast get some new oil cooler lines, I'll let it go. I'm pretty pissed at the dumbass, but oh well. I was planning to possibly put on a ricor bodykit so I didn't have to ruin the valance etc. when I turbo that car, but I guess the valance is already ruined so I don't need to worry about that

Comment

shit id make him pay for it. my valence new was $250
              NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Yeah if a tow guy broke something on my car and tried to laugh about it, he'd pay. Or I'd kill him.

Parts for 20 year old cars arent cheap..

But thats me.

Comment

Working...
                X