Our Newest Addition (Non-Euro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Newest Addition (Non-Euro)

Girlfriend just bought a 1995 Jeep GC 4X4. It has the 4.0L inline 6 so we're both happy! Great shape all around. Anyone know any good Jeep forums?

I'm planning on buffing out the headlights at my buddies bodyshop to clear them up. I think we're going to get all new emblems because these are gold and faded. Silver would look better, but I don't know seeing as it has a gold pinstripe. We'd like to get rid of all the gold though so thats good. Car runs great and has 152K miles. Leather interior is flawless and it has A/C which is so nice since mine is broken right now. Anyway, all comments and criticisms welcome, but I can't guarantee any modding now as she still has some maintenance needed.

Onto the pictures...

Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go to galeana!! oh, sorry... clean!! i like that color too.

Comment

Cool, my dad bought a 97 grand cherokee about 2 months ago. That thing will make ur e30 feel like a ferrari

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
        That thing will make ur e30 feel like a ferrari

My E30 is a Ferrari .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

The only thing I would strongly advise is that the "runaway" syndrome has been recalled.

Otherwise, they're very solid cars, my grandfather bought a new (at the time) 1995 Limited 4x4 V8 & he racked up 133,000 miles on it before he bought himself a new 99 Tahoe.

Comment

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/ is great and http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/ is pretty good for ZJ specific stuff I think. I like the 4.0 I6, it's pretty tanklike.

Whatever you do, dont go to jeepsunlimited...it will make you a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

hope you know how to rebuild a transmision, other than that, looks like fun.
              97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
              2001 330ci 5 speed
              83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

yah i had a 97 5.6L or some crap like that cherokee...i hated it. what a pile. everything that can go wrong on a car went wrong. electrical demons were the worst. hope yours was well maintained by the PO. it is fun in the snow though, i'll give it that.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Does the 4.0 have enuff power to push it around?

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Haha Cary, you give me shit for having a 73 camaro, you had a luxury white trash mobile.

My friend had the 6 banger, it felt good even at a 120.

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
                    R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
                    "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
                    My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

The 4.0 seems to pull fine enough for her and me. We're not planning any crazy off-roading, just daily driving. Hopefully the tranny is in good condition and the PO treated her well. I'm dying to get a carfax so if anyone has a free run please let me know.
                      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

pm me a vin gary

Comment

Don't they offer transmissions for these things at bulk discounts? Buy four and save!
                          Chris

The Hunt: Part IV is over.

sigpic

Comment

www.JeepForum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kristuphir View Post
                              Don't they offer transmissions for these things at bulk discounts? Buy four and save!
                              The viscous coupler will go out long before the transmission.

Comment

Working...
                              X