Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro thread: Hon2BMW

Looking forward to working on this car.

Needs some paint on the hood/roof/trunk, I replaced the front lower valence. Going to keep it Bronzit.

Going to tint the windows, its hot in AZ, it needs it, I didn't realize how much of a difference it makes until I was driving around yesterday.
    Last edited by Hon2BMW; 06-30-2007, 01:23 PM.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Nice

That is a nice looking ride

Comment

Holy fuckin' hotness! That car is SO clean, I love the front airdam, too.

I can't tell from the pics, but what color is that? BTW, love the wheels, too. Which model SportMaxx are those? I've been considering them.

Comment

That car is great looking. Is that the Alpina airdam off of ebay?

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I like that front end and faded bronzit looks nice for some reason.

Comment

Welcome to the site and nice car
            sigpic

Comment

Looking good , you are off to a nice start .

I considered getting that Alpina replica airdam for my 318 , how does it attach ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                Holy fuckin' hotness! That car is SO clean, I love the front airdam, too.

I can't tell from the pics, but what color is that? BTW, love the wheels, too. Which model SportMaxx are those? I've been considering them.
                They're the 501's with a +15 offset. I was going to get the 002's but thought the 0 offset wasn't enough and they would stick out to much. Ideally I would have liked these in a +25 but unfortunately they don't make em. :(

The car's Bronzit Beige Metallic.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
                  That car is great looking. Is that the Alpina airdam off of ebay?
                  Yep, got here pretty quick and was packaged well, Nice edges and surprising few pits in the fiberglass, needed very little prep to get it ready for spray.

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                  Looking good , you are off to a nice start .

I considered getting that Alpina replica airdam for my 318 , how does it attach ?
                  It was almost like it was "snap on." It kind of popped on over the existing valance. It fits securely and surprisingly well by itself, but I used some 3M mounting tape none the less, but Once the bumper went back on that thing wasn't going anywhere.
                  Last edited by Hon2BMW; 06-30-2007, 01:48 PM.

AWS Gorillas

Comment

^ Ok , thanks .
                    So it has a part that goes up behind the bumper as well ?

Either way it looks good on there and the bronzit is really working for you .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

well dang, nice ride. I don't think we need to tell you to have a thick skin cause unless you are looking for trouble I doubt ppl will give you crap w/ that car ;)
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

btw did you have to run a spacer in the front for those wheels?
                        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                          ^ Ok , thanks .
                          So it has a part that goes up behind the bumper as well ?

Either way it looks good on there and the bronzit is really working for you .
                          Yeah, it has a lip on the top that hangs on the edge of the valance under the bumper, once the bumper goes on and the bolts get tightened it sort of sandwiches it in there pretty well. Its very snug overall even with out the mounting tape. I probably could have done without the tape actually.

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                          btw did you have to run a spacer in the front for those wheels?
                          Nope, but it rubs at anything past 3/4 lock, which really only effects me when I'm pulling into a prarking space on uneven surfaces, Which is everywhere out here since we have no storm drains.
                          Last edited by Hon2BMW; 06-30-2007, 01:59 PM.

AWS Gorillas

Comment

Are those wheels the 15" or 16"?

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thats a really clean bronzit car, alpina front looks great. Where in AZ are you cause you should bring that thing out to one of our bi-weekly euromeets.

Comment

Working...
                              X