No announcement yet.

I finally bought a BMW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's cheap! Is it clean title ?! I've been looking for one myself, manual too.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

=) There's a problem with the axle, rumbles violently from 5-20mph. But a new axle shaft will take care of that. Only $50-100. Easy to swap. Interior is almost perfect. There are two trim pieces that are peeling off, but that'll be easy to fix. Emergency flasher switch doesn't stay pressed, but shouldn't be hard to fix either. All electronic seats/mirrors/sunroof/doors/interior-lights work perfectly. One problem that has me worried is the headlights. They only seem to come on 5% of the time. The fogs work though. That may or may not take some time to track down.

Body has quite a few little dents, scratches, and some cracks on the roof. So I'll be sanding it all down soon and doing as much body work as I can myself before sending it off to get painted. Leaning towards a really dark gunmetal gray, or black. Shadowline, slight tint, and I'll be set. Seems to have a Flowmaster exhaust. The exhaust note was slightly too low pitched and rumbly to be stock, then I happened to open up my visor mirror and there was a Flowmaster sticker.

Still driving my $100 '92 Corolla until I get the major headlight and axle problems fixed. I'll need to throw in a spare tire sometime soon as well.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        That's cheap! Is it clean title ?! I've been looking for one myself, manual too.
        The title's clean, yep.

Comment

Nice car. I would love to own a 5 series at some point, especially my bosses E39 540i/6.....god that thing is quick.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
          X