Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New project: 1990 E30 325I Alpine white...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New project: 1990 E30 325I Alpine white...

I bought this car about 12 days ago and now it is in running condition.

Before:

During:

After:

The automatic will be swapped with a 5spd and then hopefully turbo. Some body work will follow and a full paint as well.

Nice find man.
    How much if you don't mind me asking?
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Looks like you have a good plan and a good start. What happened to the head?
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I'm guessing it made it to CA from TX pretty well before the motor died.

Comment

I got the car for $500 from a Marine on Camp Pendelton. The previous owner had work done to the car with receipts so I knew it was going to run strong after repairing/replacing the head. New full exhaust, oil pan, etc...

I was right and it runs well. The timing belt broke in SD.

Comment

where are you getting the body work done, i'm looking for a place and am in sd at the moment as well.

Comment

I don't know yet. I might use Maaco for paint. I will strip everything first though.

Comment

Originally posted by chasiubao View Post
                where are you getting the body work done, i'm looking for a place and am in sd at the moment as well.
                If you can afford it, talk to West Coast Specialties off Miramar Road. I had a rear bumper cover for my M5 sprayed there earlier this year and the work was absolutely top shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Vbp6us View Post
                  I don't know yet. I might use Maaco for paint. I will strip everything first though.
                  I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                    I sent you a PM.
                    Yea I got it but didn't have time to reply, honestly. I have another one already but need time to put it on. Thank you for the offer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vbp6us View Post
                      Yea I got it but didn't have time to reply, honestly. I have another one already but need time to put it on. Thank you for the offer though.
                      No worries man. Also have an M-Tech I steering wheel if you're interested...

Let me know if you need any help with getting her fixed up. I'm an expert at respraying the rocker panels and rear valance lower half black (SEM Chip Guard).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                        No worries man. Also have an M-Tech I steering wheel if you're interested...

Let me know if you need any help with getting her fixed up. I'm an expert at respraying the rocker panels and rear valance lower half black (SEM Chip Guard).
                        I intend to talk to you once everything is in order. I just fixed my oil pan today so now there is no leak, yay!

Comment

Working...
                        X